TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Garage > AMC V8 Engine Repair and Modifications
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

elect fans

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
Author
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeremy0711 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/03/2014 at 10:01am
For those of you willing to make one, the 90s ford Taurus has a super high flow two speed version that is a favorite among conversions.
tsanchez View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tsanchez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/03/2014 at 10:05am
Those fans are great but too thick, I only had 3 1/2 inches from radiator to water pump. 
jeremy0711 View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeremy0711 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/04/2014 at 3:27am
Yeah there is a downside to everything. I never converted one but read a lot on it. Guess that means that I don't have enough room either.
390spirit View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 390spirit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/04/2014 at 6:09am
Volvo S60 and S80 electric fans fit and work great.

total investment was about 20 dollars as i put a #8617 relay in line, that was just about 10 dollars and the other little bits and pieces i figure were under that. :f:   

this shot shows fan marks in the fins on the rad. its NOT from this fan

a little cutting and grinding

a little paint

tsanchez View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tsanchez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/04/2014 at 9:15am
Yeah my car does not have that much room, I have a few fans laying around and nothing thinner than 3 1/2 inches, so the two smaller ones were perfect.
tsanchez View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tsanchez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/04/2014 at 9:37am
White70JavelinSST View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote White70JavelinSST Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/04/2014 at 9:52am

Hey Tony,

What did the motor that drives the water pump  begin life as ? Is it converted from something else?
Where did you find it?

Armand
70 Javelin SST, second owner, purchased 1972
tsanchez View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote tsanchez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/04/2014 at 10:28am
Its an electric water pump kit from moroso, they are under a $100, I picked it up used for $25 because I didnt know if I really wanted it or not and Im a cheap AMC guy. I cannot believe I spent 250 on the fans lol
Mopar_guy View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mopar_guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/04/2014 at 10:12pm
Nice job on that Volvo fan. How deep is it from the radiator? I was going to get a Taurus fan but I think it's to deep.

"Hemilina" My 1973, 5.7 Hemi swapped Javelin
Traveller View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Traveller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/04/2014 at 10:51pm
You know, I kept two of those damned Volvo fans around for years thinking I was going to have a project for them, finally we tossed them.   Now I need one again.   Ah, life.

Glad to see that worked so well.   Those fans move a LOT of air.  

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
  Share Topic