TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Trading Post: Sale, wanted, vendors,shipping > Product Announcements
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

Edelbrock V8 Timming Cover ??

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote addic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/31/2016 at 10:39am
Any updates ,just a dream
73 401 Pierre Cardin X P1
73 401 Pierre Cardin X F3     70 X 390 4spd
69 X 401 6 spd
69 AMX 401 auto BSO
73 AMX 401 4speed pc
73 vette 427sb 5spd
73 vette convt.?
08 zx14
THE MENACE View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote THE MENACE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/31/2016 at 4:21pm
Originally posted by addic addic wrote:

Probably not going to happen. Not enough interest in a high quality OE type replacement timing cover.

It takes a lot of AMC/Jeep people to get behind these projects and push these things when they are being talked about. I was hoping buy opening up this subject on the forum back when I did that we (Edelbrock) would start getting some mail, phone calls or some kind of interest to get it off the ground, but it just didn't get much support outside of people here on the forum saying we should make one. It takes more of a show of interest to get these things to the design stage!!

Dennis      
Former Owner of:
The Craig Breedlove "AERO AMX"

Still Owner:
SS/AMX #9 replica (THE BIG MENACE)
70 AMX 416, EFI, Nash 5 speed   
70 Javelin 401, 727 (Wife's)
72 Gremlin Autocross Project.
jpnjim View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpnjim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/01/2016 at 4:51am
Originally posted by THE MENACE THE MENACE wrote:

Originally posted by addic addic wrote:

Probably not going to happen. Not enough interest in a high quality OE type replacement timing cover.

It takes a lot of AMC/Jeep people to get behind these projects and push these things when they are being talked about. I was hoping buy opening up this subject on the forum back when I did that we (Edelbrock) would start getting some mail, phone calls or some kind of interest to get it off the ground, but it just didn't get much support outside of people here on the forum saying we should make one. It takes more of a show of interest to get these things to the design stage!!

Dennis      

Thanks for trying Dennis!

71 P-code 4spd Javelin/AMX
some Jeeps and some Fords
AMXFSTBK390 View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AMXFSTBK390 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/02/2016 at 1:18pm
Dennis, It is great you are looking into new products for the AMC engines. I have appreciated Edelbrocks contributions/products for all car brands for decades. It is too bad "testing the water" on a new AMC timing cover didn't get more enthusiasm.
Questions are powerful tools...what's in your toolbox?
6t8amxetc View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 6t8amxetc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/02/2016 at 4:49pm
Well, knowing the Edelbrock quality, and that Dennis would be pretty involved in the project. I would commit to buying at least 2 of them! I think Edelbrock's products for AMC are always very reasonably priced for the quality we receive!

rockAMX View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rockAMX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/02/2016 at 4:58pm
An Edelbrock mechanical fuel pump would be wonderful. The cheap Carter pumps just don't last and cannot be rebuilt. Have not tried the RobbMc pump. 
DWR
1968 AMX

shootist View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shootist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/03/2016 at 8:45pm
That is truly sad news. An American company can't produce a competitively priced superior product that does exactly what it is supposed to do. I thank Bulltear for doing what they do in this space as it is truly a lifesaver for those of us theat just need a truly reliable product. I do believe that the market for these is there even if you don't hear the best response. The key I think is with marketing more than anything. Let people know what you make and why your product is superior and it will sell. Especially these days where people want more than ever a first time go on a rare motor.
gremlin1945 View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gremlin1945 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/04/2016 at 6:05pm
 If the market was there they would build it. Edelbrock was receptive to feedback and it never got any. What more could they do? We're a small part of the dwindling car culture in this country and it ain't going to get any better going down the road. 
former NHRA #1945

former IHRA #1945

T/SA
AMXFSTBK390 View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AMXFSTBK390 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/05/2016 at 12:08pm
The market is there. Bulltear Industries is selling them in the Vendor Section of this forum. That's how I got mine. Yeah $289.00 plus shipping is a bit pricey...but it is excellent quality. If Edelbrock offered a timing cover I would have bought theirs because I have had good luck with their products. Edelbrock has many satisfied customers and they are probably the biggest name in the aftermarket business. Customers would gravitate to them if Edelbrock offered a timing cover just because of their name alone. When you consider the same timing cover fits the entire AMC V8 line up 290-401, there is a significant market to sell to.
Questions are powerful tools...what's in your toolbox?
gremlin1945 View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gremlin1945 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/05/2016 at 5:59pm
So the post below is incorrect?  

former NHRA #1945

former IHRA #1945

T/SA
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic