TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Garage > Tool Time tool review and eval area
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

Eastwood Tig/Plasma Cutter Sale

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote super-bee_ski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/21/2013 at 9:24pm
I'm also on a MOPAR Forum.
A couple of guys over there each have this Eastwood TIG/Plasma unit.
They LOVE it.

Rumor has it the Eastwood unit is NOT made in China.
Northern Europe, could be EASB?  (The YELLOW units used on American Chopper)
Sweden or Norway?
Plan B View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Plan B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/22/2013 at 4:58pm
I have the ESAB Tig welder that was used on American Chopper( it was given to me by Paul Sr.) The Esab units are 2k -4k for the portable units. I would have to see it to believe that the Eastwoods combo units are Esabs. I have the TIG 2200IW AC/DC TA34 0 (ESAB) and the Caddy Mig C200i  both very nice machines but I really do want to get a Miller trailblazer Diesel :) a one stop shop.

Edited by Plan B - Mar/22/2013 at 6:40pm
PlazinJavelin View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PlazinJavelin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/23/2013 at 7:32am

I went back to read other customer reviews and they are mixed. Several stories of failure and returned equipment. Others pleased with the unit. I'd say typical results for any low cost item.

BTW, often information on the internet is already suspect, so any thing that starts with "Rumor has it" to me reads as "ignore this bit completely"  Wink 

Edited by PlazinJavelin - Mar/23/2013 at 7:36am
348AMX View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 348AMX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/23/2013 at 10:58am
so this was a tig welder / plasma cutter combo for 899?! That's very good deal.
Ant View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/24/2013 at 2:05am
Originally posted by Plan B Plan B wrote:

I have the ESAB Tig welder that was used on American Chopper( it was given to me by Paul Sr.) The Esab units are 2k -4k for the portable units. I would have to see it to believe that the Eastwoods combo units are Esabs. I have the <span Apple-style-span="Apple-style-span" style="font-family: arial; line-height: normal; font-size: small; -webkit-border-horizontal-spacing: 2px; -webkit-border-vertical-spacing: 2px; ">TIG 2200IW AC/DC TA34 0 (ESAB) and the Caddy Mig C200i  both very nice machines but I really do want to get a Miller trailblazer Diesel :) a one stop shop.</span>
<span Apple-style-span="Apple-style-span" style="font-family: arial; line-height: normal; font-size: small; -webkit-border-horizontal-spacing: 2px; -webkit-border-vertical-spacing: 2px; ">
</span>

Seriously? You pulling my leg?

Edited by Ant - Mar/24/2013 at 2:05am
73 AMX project 401 stroker, t-56 mag
Full-time machinist
Hurst390 View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hurst390 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/24/2013 at 7:40am
 You get what you pay for...
 I have an esab plasma..love it...lincoln tig..love it
 Got them both for free...go around to your local welding shops...ask if they would have any loaners that they would sponsor you with or give you a discount...thats how I ended up with mine...
 They were new models they sent out to their customers for trial use...after a year of going though all those shops they can't sell them as new...
 When I asked about a sponsorship he told me he couldn't give money but did I need a plasma? a couple years later I ended up with the tig the same way...

Edited by Hurst390 - Mar/24/2013 at 7:41am
SC/Hurst Rambler

11.62 120

100% Street Legal
Plan B View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Plan B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/24/2013 at 11:10am
Originally posted by Ant Ant wrote:

I have the ESAB Tig welder that was used on American Chopper( it was given to me by Paul Sr.)

Seriously? You pulling my leg?

Not pulling your leg lol .I have trained Sr's Bull Mastiffs since 2006. I started with Gus and Marty and now we are on dog #5 together. I have been on the show twice. I had a Lincoln weld pack and Sr hooked me up with the Esab mig and Tig once they bought Miller back into the shop. the Miller dynasty is the nicest Tig I have had my hands on. One day I will have a diesel stand alone Miller Trailblazer. Sr has always been good to me as I am to him.
Ant View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/24/2013 at 12:38pm
That's cool big fan.
73 AMX project 401 stroker, t-56 mag
Full-time machinist
super-bee_ski View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote super-bee_ski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/19/2013 at 3:50pm

I have the ESAB Tig welder that was used on American Chopper( it was given to me by Paul Sr.) The Esab units are 2k -4k for the portable units. I would have to see it to believe that the Eastwoods combo units are Esabs. I have the TIG 2200IW AC/DC TA34 0 (ESAB) and the Caddy Mig C200i  both very nice machines but I really do want to get a Miller trailblazer Diesel :) a one stop shop.

Too funny!
Yeah
Logical
I suppose if EASB makes $2K to $4K units they can not produce an ecomnomical one for the amature user.

Edited by super-bee_ski - Apr/19/2013 at 3:53pm
-1977 Gremlin X 4-speed AC LEVI with 500,000+ miles on her!
-1969 SC/Rambler "A-paint scheme"
-Her name is "Abby"

super-bee_ski View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote super-bee_ski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/19/2013 at 4:02pm
EASB plasma unit for the amateur/small body shop
$1,299

-1977 Gremlin X 4-speed AC LEVI with 500,000+ miles on her!
-1969 SC/Rambler "A-paint scheme"
-Her name is "Abby"

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic