TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Garage > Tool Time tool review and eval area
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

Eastwood Tig/Plasma Cutter Sale

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sergi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Eastwood Tig/Plasma Cutter Sale
    Posted: Sep/10/2012 at 1:23pm
I dont know if any of yall have seen the eastwood tig/plasma cutter with cart special. I believe its $899 if i remember correctly, have any of yall used eastwood equipment before or know anything about them.  I am seriously considering this as I have been in the market for a tig welder and dont wanna drop down big bucks for a linclon or miller just quite yet.
Wrambler View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wrambler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/29/2012 at 7:43pm
Only 9 days old!
Sorry, everything I have read says Eastwoods stuff is great entry level equipment.
Tip: Ebay, they often put their stuff up there at lower prices with either lower fixed shipping or free shipping.

Warranty is good to.

Wrambler
69 AMC Rambler
4.0L, 5 speed
2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
2019 Chrysler 300
FuzzFace2 View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FuzzFace2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/30/2012 at 12:00pm
I cant say about the Eastwood equpment but if I was in the market for that I would got for them as I have not heard anything bad about them.
I have a  linclon mig 135 iirc with gas and a no name plasma cutter that is made to cut sheet metal may be a little thicker but only use it for sheet metal work.
The thing about plasma cutters is some come with an air comprssor and some with out and would need one. If you have a shop comprssor just make sure it has the out put needed to run the cutter.
As for a TIG someday I will get one just cant swing it at this time. Then again if you have a stick welder there was a post on what was needed to turn it into a TIG welder so may go that route too?
Dave ----
TSM = Technical Service Manual

75 Gremlin X v8 for sale
70 Javelin 360/auto drag car
70 Javelin 360/T5 Street car
ThePhranc View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThePhranc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/05/2012 at 9:33pm
I have the 175 mig welder and it vastly exceeded expectations for the price. It doesn't have the duty cycle of a Miller or Lincoln but I also don't use it every day all day. I would assume the tig/plasma are equally good for the price but not a s nice as other.
1980 Spirit 406ci SBC 2004R trans 8.8 rear 373 gears.
Wrambler View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wrambler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/07/2013 at 10:49am
I want to bump this up with a note.
When I finally got ready to buy this plasma while they were on Xmas sale I started checking out the consummables thinking I would pre-order some before I needed them.

What I found was a very limited number of reviews stating the plastic nozzles don't hold up and are $12 ea.

I had also asked about the negative reviews on the Plasma cutter itself.
Eastwood said they were working with the manufacturer to solve the issues with the units. They never replied about my question about consumable costs at all.

I would recommend you do some research to see where they are at before buying.

I was finally ready to order, but the lack of any up to date info stopped me cold.
Wrambler
69 AMC Rambler
4.0L, 5 speed
2019 Chrysler 300
PlazinJavelin View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PlazinJavelin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/07/2013 at 7:21pm
Thanks for the follow up. I have a plasma on my wish list for someday and good to have as much info as possible. 
purple72Gremlin View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted
Charter Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote purple72Gremlin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/07/2013 at 10:15pm
I wonder who makes them for eastwood?
Wrambler View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wrambler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/08/2013 at 9:39am
Originally posted by purple72Gremlin purple72Gremlin wrote:

I've wondered the same thing. I can't tell from the pictures it appears smaller than most I see on evilbay and other sites.

I'm trying to decide what my next move is.
Wrambler
69 AMC Rambler
4.0L, 5 speed
2019 Chrysler 300
SONOFAMX View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SONOFAMX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/12/2013 at 3:00pm
nice
Plan B View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Plan B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/03/2013 at 6:11pm
Originally posted by purple72Gremlin purple72Gremlin wrote:

China  more than likely Confused
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic