TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Lounge Area > Upcoming Shows and Events
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - EAST TX AMC CRUISE-IN, JUNE 9, 2018, 7TH ANNUAL!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

EAST TX AMC CRUISE-IN, JUNE 9, 2018, 7TH ANNUAL! - Event Date: Jun/09/2018

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BayshoreBlues Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Calendar Event: EAST TX AMC CRUISE-IN, JUNE 9, 2018, 7TH ANNUAL!
    Posted: Jan/29/2018 at 4:00pm
Well, I posted this earlier and it disappeared, so we'll try again.  It's time to spread the word among the AMC and Jeep faithful for the 7th Annual East Texas AMC Cruise-In, June 9, 2018, hosted here in Lufkin, TX.   For those unfamiliar with this event, click one of the links below from 2012 through 2017 to take a peek at what you've missed:

I can't really sum it up better than I already have in years past, so this may look familiar:
This has been described as the most comfortable car event most folks have ever attended.  We'll have plenty of sun and plenty of shade, cars are parked on grass, not hot pavement (unless we have to substitute the event location due to weather, which thankfully hasn't been required yet), plenty of good food, plenty of good friends, plenty of good cars and Jeeps, plenty of parts, this is the AMC place to be in June.  Last year our swap meet area was packed with parts.  There were some really good parts sales/swaps/deals being made on everything from '47 Jeep parts to Rebel decklids.  Always remember, whether it is a trailered show car, a survivor original, a work in progress or even if it's not running or you think it's just too ugly, "Drive it, Drag it or Tow it!", all are welcome!  And we mean that.  Please, bring them out and share them, people really do want to see and appreciate your vehicle.  We have had folks come in from several surrounding states to participate and attend.  See if you can come and win the Long Distance award this year (a hint: you may have to come from further than Mississippi Wink.)

A little bit about our location.  Lufkin, TX has a population of over 35,000 and is a hub for East TX and the surrounding area, fairly centrally located between:

120 miles north on Hwy 59 of downtown Houston

85 miles south on Hwy 69 from downtown Tyler

175 miles south-east from downtown Dallas

165 miles east of Waco

125 miles east of College Station

120 miles south-west from downtown Shreveport, LA

160 miles west of Alexandria, LA

175 miles south of Texarkana, TX/AR

300 miles north-east of San Antonio

We look forward to seeing all our old friends and making new ones too.  More details and our show flyer will follow.

Feel free to contact us with any questions: Reagan Ratliff: 936/225-0569 or ratliffr@icloud.com

Once owned'70 Donohue 360 :(
Now '72 Jav w/94K
'70 Jav (major project)
'74/'75 Wagoneer 401 project(s)
'74 Javelin 401 very late (the last?) built.
’85 Mustang GT 5spd
'68 AMX project
DHACKING View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DHACKING Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/06/2018 at 11:34am
3 of us from the dallas area plan on attending
thanx
duane
RAYMON H
Ollie View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ollie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/06/2018 at 1:06pm
Me, Teresa and The Rambler will be there !!!!

Having AMC Fun,
Ollie
1966 American Convertible -- "The Rambler"..SOLD
1974 Postal Jeep -- "Rapid Delivery"...SOLD
1969 Rambler 220 post car--"Road Warrior"
1989 Jeep Comanche Pioneer, 4.0L, auto, 2wd
rclaudio View Drop Down
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rclaudio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/06/2018 at 5:56pm
I would like to go....how do I post a picture of my amc ?
Ollie View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ollie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/06/2018 at 5:58pm
Originally posted by rclaudio rclaudio wrote:

I would like to go....how do I post a picture of my amc ?

I believe you must have 30 points to post a picture. It won't take long. Where you located?

Having AMC Fun,
Ollie
BayshoreBlues View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BayshoreBlues Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/13/2018 at 3:25pm
Good to have you on the Forum and we'd certainly love to have you attend in June.  Don't know how the picture posting qualifications work, but you can private message (PM) me your pics or email to ratliffr@icloud.com and I'll get one up on the event posting for you.  What AMC will you be bringing and where are you located?
Reagan

Now '72 Jav w/94K
'70 Jav (major project)
’85 Mustang GT 5spd
'68 AMX project
DHACKING View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DHACKING Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/13/2018 at 3:41pm
PROBABLY MY 70 AMX FROM FORT WORTH TX
RAYMON H
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BayshoreBlues Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/07/2018 at 8:37am
Interest is ramping up. We've got our Mississippi friends coming, we've got a caravan of folks from Ft. Worth and Dallas coming, we've got Houston folks coming, don't be left out.  Here is the flyer for this years' event.  Thanks to Tom and Janice Taylor for putting it together.

Now '72 Jav w/94K
'70 Jav (major project)
’85 Mustang GT 5spd
'68 AMX project
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BayshoreBlues Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/10/2018 at 11:31am
I am posting the event registration form below.  We need to get a head count on attendance as soon as possible so we can plan for and determine things like how much lunch my dear wife Misty will be preparing (those that have attended know to come hungry and you will be fed well Thumbs Up).  Please, print out, complete, scan and e-mail the form to me at ratliffr@icloud.com  If you are unable to do that please print it out and complete it and take a picture and text me the completed form to 936-225-0569.  If you are unable to do that contact me to let me know how many will be attending and bring your completed form on June 9th.  
I will be putting out some event t-shirt info soon as well.  
Remember, we have an area for parts sale and swap, so even if you can't bring your vehicle you could still help someone else out with that much needed part.  
We look forward to seeing everyone again this year and to seeing some new faces too.
Reagan

Now '72 Jav w/94K
'70 Jav (major project)
’85 Mustang GT 5spd
'68 AMX project
Ollie View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ollie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/10/2018 at 2:36pm
Reagan.....
Count me and Teresa in the crowd. Got our hotel reservations.
Plan 3 meals for us, I will eat The Rambler's share !!!

Having AMC Fun,
Ollie
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic