TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Garage > Transmission & Drivetrain
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Early T10 Torque Tube Transmission Shifter Picture
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

Early T10 Torque Tube Transmission Shifter Picture

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DonSkokie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Early T10 Torque Tube Transmission Shifter Picture
    Posted: Aug/23/2016 at 5:11pm
I bought a 327 engine with the T10 torque tube transmission attached, but it was missing the shifter and linkage. Does any one have pictures of the shifter and linkage? Also curious if there is a way to use an after market shifter setup with this transmission.

Thanks,
Mick
Cricket View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cricket Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/23/2016 at 5:52pm
Not sure if you realize, but, the shifter is mounted to a hump, and that bolts to a large hole in the floorboard. I will dig out a picture of a set-up I have on my ipad. will post soon. Fuzzy, but you can see the shifter, linkage, and the floor cut-out. P.M.me, and I can send you a better pic, or more detail, but they are too large for the site.
Cricket

Edited by Cricket - Aug/23/2016 at 6:18pm
farna View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Moderator Lost Dealership Project

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote farna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/29/2016 at 5:51am
You can use a Hurst or other aftermarket shifter. You might have to modify the trans bracket. As Cricket noted, the original shifter bolted to the floor, not the trans as later models do. The shifter is very similar to the Twin-Stick three speed shifter, only with fourth gear added. I have seen a three speed shifter used. The three speed mechanism is connected to the four forward gears, then a pull cable is used for reverse. Put the forward shifter in neutral then pull the cable for reverse, push cable in to go forward again. Just don't pull the cable while moving forward or in a forward gear...
Frank Swygert
bigbadgreen View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigbadgreen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/29/2016 at 6:02am
Pic looks familiar.anyone want to buy this?
Cricket View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cricket Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/29/2016 at 8:11am
Originally posted by bigbadgreen bigbadgreen wrote:

Pic looks familiar.anyone want to buy this?

HHMMMMM, it sure does!?!?
He is looking to find out what shifter is needed, and I, or another person, are trying to see where a shifter might be, and if it is in the budget. I may be contacting you again soon, Earl, if my house sells, or I can work a deal one way or another.
Cricket

Edited by Cricket - Aug/29/2016 at 8:14am
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigbadgreen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/29/2016 at 9:13am
I could get picture of shifter if needed.
DonSkokie View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DonSkokie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/08/2016 at 10:20am
Thanks for the responses. If I decide to keep the transmission I'll look into getting something aftermarket to work with it.

Mick
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigbadgreen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/08/2016 at 11:58am
They are A rare piece.
DonSkokie View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DonSkokie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/14/2016 at 10:49am
Yes, it is rare, but I don't have any plans on using it right now, except for maybe throwing in some rat rod with the rest of the running gear out of the Marlin. I keep wanting to see what it would look like if I tore it apart, threw it in the bead blaster and rebuilt it. But then I would just have it back sitting on a shelf collecting dust again.

Mick
tomj View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tomj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/14/2016 at 10:21pm
yeah, thats a rare setup! even i would keep it! lol
1960 Rambler Super two-door wagon, OHV auto
1961 Roadster American, 195.6 OHV, T5
http://www.ramblerLore.com

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic