TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Trading Post: Sale, wanted, vendors,shipping > Wanted
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

Driveshaft Hornet hatchback.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scrapdaddy Sr. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Driveshaft Hornet hatchback.
    Posted: May/31/2018 at 1:32pm
Hey everyone, I'm im need of a stock driveshaft for a 73 Hornet hatchback. 6 cyl or 8 cyl does not matter. Recently exploded our driveshaft on a dyno and need to replace the driveshaft to check to see if the transmission survived the shock of snapping off the yoke ears.
I'm in North West Florida so a small road trip on my part would be fine. Anyone have an extra for sale? In not sure if the coupe and wagons were the same wheel base but possibly one from another body style could fit. It's just to get the car rolling again until a heavy duty shaft can be fabricated.
Thanks in advance,
Wynn
pacerman View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pacerman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/31/2018 at 5:29pm
Do you have a measurement?   I might have one, having parted out a couple of Hornets.  Joe
Happiness is making something out of nothing.
Have2SC's View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Have2SC's Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/31/2018 at 5:38pm
 My brother Howard (Rogue 343) has one from a hornet hatchback 304 3 speed car that was recently parted out. Lee
1971 SC360 Hornet 4 speed 1969 BBG AMX 390 Auto 1970 Javelin 390 4 speed "Base Model"     
Scrapdaddy Sr. View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scrapdaddy Sr. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/31/2018 at 8:26pm
Hey thanks for the replies. It's just an estimate but it looks like 50.5 to 51 inches from center of u joint cup to center of opposite u joint cup.

Edited by Scrapdaddy Sr. - May/31/2018 at 8:49pm
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scrapdaddy Sr. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/31/2018 at 8:53pm
Hi Joe, looks like 50.5 to 51" from center of cup to center of opposite u joint cup.
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scrapdaddy Sr. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/31/2018 at 8:55pm
Lee can you find out what year model and body style your Hornet is?
Have2SC's View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Have2SC's Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/31/2018 at 9:26pm
Originally posted by Scrapdaddy Sr. Scrapdaddy Sr. wrote:

Lee can you find out what year model and body style your Hornet is?
Scrap,  pm Rogue 343 and he can give the info your looking for.  Lee
1971 SC360 Hornet 4 speed 1969 BBG AMX 390 Auto 1970 Javelin 390 4 speed "Base Model"     
PROSTOCKTOM View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PROSTOCKTOM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/31/2018 at 11:42pm
I have one that came out of a 75 Hornet Hatchback that had a 6-cylinder in it.  I can take some photos of the driveshaft if you like. Here is the car it came out of.  Tom

Edited by PROSTOCKTOM - May/31/2018 at 11:46pm
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scrapdaddy Sr. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/01/2018 at 8:06am
Hi Tom, if the Hornet was an auto trans it should work. I would just need the shaft and not the front yoke but willing to take what ever. Where are you located and what's the story on the Hornet pictured?
PROSTOCKTOM View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PROSTOCKTOM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/01/2018 at 1:33pm
Yes, it was an automatic car and still has the yoke on it. I'll take $40 for it all and I am in Indiana. I bought the Hornet to strip out and build a tube chassis Wally Booth replica. Haven't made the progress I would have liked at this point, but the project is moving forward and about ready to start cutting the car apart.
Tom                                                                                                                                      

Edited by PROSTOCKTOM - Jun/01/2018 at 4:38pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic