TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Competition > Drag Racing
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

Drag Racing Project Tips

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted
Charter Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote poormansMACHINE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/31/2007 at 11:43am
Originally posted by AmcKidd AmcKidd wrote:

that American WILL easily run 12's with a 360- NEVER sell AMC short

Look at what I'm pushing in the 12's with the lowly AMC motor. It should qualify as 2 Americans.LOL
BADJAV390 View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BADJAV390 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/18/2008 at 5:47am
Keep it AMC. I am 18 and i feel the same way...all amc.
1968 AMX 390/4spd
1969 Jav 600 HP Alfano 390 Protouring
1970 Javelin SST 390/4spd
next..71 amx 401/4spd, 70 AMX 390 4spd, 69 sc/rambler, 69 AMX BBO 390 4spd
steeters View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steeters Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/08/2008 at 1:02pm
Also, if you decide it will be a drag car and only a drag car...remove all the weight you can.  Get all the underhood junk out of the way too.
The best part of all, when it is a drag only car you get to fabricate stuff and don't have to worry about "correctness."  If something won't fit, weld it on.  If something is in the way, cut it off.  Drag cars are a lot of fun.
ddandurand View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ddandurand Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/12/2008 at 8:29am
Yeah i know i love racing, but i need to take it off the street because someone will get hurt, plus my little ranger isn't exacally a 10 second truck lol
'66 American
70Javelin360 View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 70Javelin360 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/20/2008 at 9:00am
do it right the first time don't say ohh i'll do this till i get more money then i'll buy that cuz your wasting money i'm 18 i've had my AMC since i was 16 and i've only driven it once last summer with open headers and no interior but a dash and drivers seat...but it will be done by this spring....save your money!! and don't play sports cuz then you can't work lolLOL
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2431219
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic