TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Garage > AMC V8 Engine Repair and Modifications
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

Dougs Headers Pictures

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
Author
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sasyamx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/03/2012 at 12:45am
What did you do exactly to the passenger side mount  to make them fit , cut it down or so .

THE MENACE View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote THE MENACE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/04/2012 at 10:13am
Originally posted by sasyamx sasyamx wrote:

What did you do exactly to the passenger side mount  to make them fit , cut it down or so .

The top one is the modified engine perch, the lower one is stock! I just cut it and angled the back leg of it over to meet the top of the perch and welded it.

Dennis 
Former Owner of:
The Craig Breedlove "AERO AMX"

Still Owner:
SS/AMX #9 replica (THE BIG MENACE)
70 AMX 416, EFI, Nash 5 speed   
70 Javelin 401, 727 (Wife's car)
72 Gremlin Autocross Project.
Steeno View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steeno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/04/2012 at 11:10am
Dennis,

Forgot to thank you for posting the pics of the bellcrank clearing the headers earlier in this thread. Very helpful.

FYI regarding hydraulic clutch clearance issues: I'm running the DT 103s in my Hornet and I'm converting from auto to four speed. I had intended to go with a hydraulic clutch link, but the slave cylinder will not clear the headers. This was a Jeep aftermarket setup from extreme fabricators. Nice stuff, and as small as the slave cylinder is, it won't clear the headers.

I'll go with the stock, mechanical set up, for now. I suppose the best setup for clearance issues would be to have the hydraulic throw-out bearing (slave).

Thanks again for the helpful thread.

77 Hornet Hatchback 401 four speed.
sasyamx View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sasyamx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/07/2012 at 11:52pm
I found a set at a very good price on the 103 and 104 , i wounder which would work better with Eddy heads, 1/34 or 1/78
sasyamx View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sasyamx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/14/2012 at 10:44pm
Thanks for all the pics, have you done anything else to the car lately ,and what dia, is your clutch adjustment rod it didn't look factory, i should have my new set in this weak buts it will be a while before i can put them in.
343sharpstick View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 343sharpstick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/09/2013 at 12:38pm
Dennis and everyone else on this thread, I'm kinda draging this thread up from the past but wanted to thank you all very much for the detailed information and photographs. 
I just ordered a set of Doug's D-103's for my JavelinBig smile, it's nice to know exactly what to expect.
THE MENACE View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote THE MENACE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/09/2013 at 4:32pm
Originally posted by sasyamx sasyamx wrote:

Thanks for all the pics, have you done anything else to the car lately ,and what dia, is your clutch adjustment rod it didn't look factory, i should have my new set in this weak buts it will be a while before i can put them in.

I have the exhaust pretty much done now other than the tailpipes and having the complete exhaust system ceramic coated. (I'll post some pictures of that later) I cut off the standard Dougs collector flanges that comes on the headers and welded on some  3/8" thick, flat 2 bolt flanges so that I can run conical graphite donut seals against flared inlet collector extensions. That also allowes me to run ridgid OE style stamped flanges on the collector extensions. The donut gaskets seals better and last much longer then standard flat header collector gaskets. They also allow for engine movement without putting stress on the tubing of the headers or the rest of the exhaust system.    

The clutch adjuster is for a mid 70's ara Jeep. The actual rod is 3/8" Dia. I think the hex adjuster is 3/4".

Here is a picture of the upgraded collectors.
Dennis   
Former Owner of:
The Craig Breedlove "AERO AMX"

Still Owner:
SS/AMX #9 replica (THE BIG MENACE)
70 AMX 416, EFI, Nash 5 speed   
70 Javelin 401, 727 (Wife's car)
72 Gremlin Autocross Project.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
  Share Topic