TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Garage > Restoration facts, question and answer. > Part Numbers, AMC Parts ID and cross-references
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

Doors 1960 Ambassador

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Harry the hoser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Doors 1960 Ambassador
    Posted: Sep/17/2014 at 6:16am
Hi guys I have a 1960 Ambassador 4 door sedan that I need the 2 passenger doors I want to buy a couple in as good of shape as I can find I could fix the doors on it but don,t want to spend the time and I am not that good with body work So if you know where some are for sale please let me know Also I understand that the doors off a station wagon and off different years will fit so if anyone knows what years and types will interchange I would appreciate the info
tyrodtom View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tyrodtom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/17/2014 at 6:42am
1960 Rambler 6 and Rebel doors will also fit, but the outside trim will be different.

Hardtops, sedans, and station wagons all used the same door, the sedans had a window frame. The hardtop door can be made into a sedan door by unbolting the window frame from a sedan door and bolting it into a hardtop door.

If you'll look close at pictures of 1960 and other years of Rambler and Ambassador, you'll notice 1960 doors are one year only.
66 American SW, 66 American 2dr, 82 J10, 70 Hornet, Pound, Va.
Harry the hoser View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Harry the hoser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/17/2014 at 7:27pm
OK THANKS AGAIN I figured out how to go to the for sale board so I am sure I will find some
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic