TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > American Motors Corp., its history and more. > The Member Companies and Products of AMC
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

DJ-5 series question, parts interchangable?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mel-man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: DJ-5 series question, parts interchangable?
    Posted: May/02/2014 at 10:30am
Good morning,

I just purchased a 1974 DJ-5C RHD and am loving it. I am interested in buying a second DJ-5C for a parts vehicle. Can somebody educate me to the years that would be interchangeable with my 1974? I am more interested in the body and less in the engine and drivetrain.

I am learning that the DJ-5C was built in 1973-1974 but am curious if other years will mix and match with the rig that I now own.

Thanks in advance

Mel-man
tufcj View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tufcj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/02/2014 at 11:56am
Most parts will interchange between the CJ and DJ between 72 and 75. Frames changed in 72 and again in 76. Most earlier DJ drive train parts will swap. There is a difference in motor mounts between the 4 cyl and 6 cyl versions.

Bob
tufcj
69 AMX
74 Javelin AMX
67 Rogue

If you need a tool and don't buy it...
you'll eventually pay for it...
and not have it.
Henry Ford
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic