TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Garage > AMC V8 Engine Repair and Modifications
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

Diy Run stand plans?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mmaher94087 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/15/2017 at 6:11pm
In the For-What- it's -worth category; an engine can be set on its pan, started and ran with a block of wood under the tranny if it's attached; not needed otherwise. I don't recommend it but to quick check a motor at a junkyard, this is easy. And, NO, the motor doesn't fall over.
Mike
raser13 View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote raser13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/15/2017 at 7:49pm
Originally posted by 401MATCOUPE 401MATCOUPE wrote:

....just look around the backround, what a mess!   I hate it, soon to be cleaned up with the departure of current project back to owner.

Quit rubbing it in. Lol I'd kill to ha e that shop. "Mess" or not.
raser13 View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote raser13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/15/2017 at 8:16pm
I have a couple of "not good enough to permanently go in cars" radiators that I can sacrifice one to the cause. An old electric fan off of a Taurus. Several old bed frames for angle iron to make smaller mounts from. One of the generic 3 gauge packs. And an old ignition switch out of a truck. The ones that were on the dash. And one of the automatic bell housings.I can toss on a five gallon gas can. And an electric fuel pump from my jeep. So I have a lot of the basics.

The motor mount area us my big issue. I want something strong ish. I know this isn't a dunk. So not to much torque once it turns over. But I don't want to go to chincey either. Is there an easy way to go from an AMC 8 to an AMC 6 motor mount points? Between my javelin and my jeep I have both. So I really need to bounce back and forth if I can.

But thanks for the pics so far. They really have given me a lot of good ideas. Keep 'em commin.
Rebel327 View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rebel327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/15/2017 at 8:45pm

Mine before paint, wiring, plumbing, etc. And finished. Overkill, yes. But when I want to run a new 327 or 287, I can. Electric cooling fan, electric water pump, fuel cell, etc... gauges mounted to stainless steel enclosure. 4 x 4 under pan and hung by cherry picker works too. All in How much effort u want to put into it.

Edited by Rebel327 - Nov/15/2017 at 8:53pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic