TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Garage > AMC V8 Engine Repair and Modifications
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

Difrent heads 304/360

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amcenthusiast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/09/2017 at 10:29am
Sorry Storm -seems to be some confusion happening here; not sure how you quoted what I did not post (that's weird)

One man here on AMC Forum, shows his AMC Rebel in member's projects section, knows about  Norway/Sweden AMC club.

Edited by amcenthusiast - Nov/09/2017 at 12:18pm
443 XRV8 Gremlin YouTube video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?reload=9&v=2DmFOKRuzUc
XRV8 Race Parts website: http://amcramblermarlin.1colony.com/
Stormogdis View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stormogdis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/09/2017 at 10:40am
Originally posted by amcenthusiast amcenthusiast wrote:

I was almost fooled by the sequence of comments, but notice Storm wrote 'looks like I have a 304 with late model 360 heads'...

But the message was instantly mistranslated into 'I have 304 heads on a 360'.

I hava a 360 block with a 360 head and a 304 head.

Got a amc club in norway and a club in Sweden

Edited by Stormogdis - Nov/09/2017 at 12:31pm
amcenthusiast View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amcenthusiast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/09/2017 at 11:55am
Aw man!!! two different heads? what the...  hopefully you'll find one eventually

-sorry about the confusion

Edited by amcenthusiast - Nov/09/2017 at 2:46pm
443 XRV8 Gremlin YouTube video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?reload=9&v=2DmFOKRuzUc
XRV8 Race Parts website: http://amcramblermarlin.1colony.com/
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stormogdis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/09/2017 at 12:32pm
Hope so.. i found a complete engine for sale again.. but shipping is slow and expencive
Boris Badanov View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boris Badanov Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/09/2017 at 6:51pm
Shipping an iron head to Norway would cost big $$$

Gremlin Dreams
ramblinrev View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ramblinrev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/09/2017 at 7:46pm
The chart I referenced indicates you have two 304 heads, different casting #s, but 304 heads.
What does your engine CID say on the side of the block by the motor mount? 
74 Hornet Hatchback X twins (since 1977)
62 American Convertible (still worth the $50 I spent in 1973!) AMCRC #513, AMO #384
70 AMX 360 4-speed (since 1981)
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stormogdis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/09/2017 at 11:29pm
Originally posted by ramblinrev ramblinrev wrote:

The chart I referenced indicates you have two 304 heads, different casting #s, but 304 heads.
What does your engine CID say on the side of the block by the motor mount? 

#3233344 looks to be a 360 head (79-84)
#3216086 looks to be a 304 head (74)

Edited by Stormogdis - Nov/10/2017 at 12:04am
53w View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 53w Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/10/2017 at 2:01am
Well like you said it ran fine...sucks two different heads..if you never would of looked, you would still be driving it.. if parts are hard to get where you live put it back togeather and run it..if you not racing you will never know the differance.
I not a amc head expert, but maybe you can take both heads to good shop get same size valves installed and have them ported to match and go on with life?

Edited by 53w - Nov/10/2017 at 2:38am
SirDigger View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SirDigger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/10/2017 at 2:41am
There is an whole 73 Matador station Waggon 4 sale in germany for 3k €

https://suchen.mobile.de/fahrzeuge/details.html?id=250963329&damageUnrepaired=NO_DAMAGE_UNREPAIRED&isSearchRequest=true&makeModelVariant1.modelDescription=AMC&pageNumber=1&scopeId=C&fnai=prev

Originally posted by Boris Badanov Boris Badanov wrote:

Depends on your Time, we have Freightforwarders that collect stuff somethere in the US, and ships the collected sendings off to Europe in a Container. Took some Time, but works like a charme.

And Engine from Houston to Germany is 500$, but this includes the whole Tax&Customs Paperwork(unfortually not the Tax and Customs)

Edited by SirDigger - Nov/10/2017 at 3:06am
SirDigger&his german Friends are looking for Parts http://theamcforum.com/forum/the-german-amc-forum-ambassadorsirdigger-needs_topic83570.html
1970 Javelin SST 304
1970 Javelin SST 360
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stormogdis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/10/2017 at 3:37am
Originally posted by SirDigger SirDigger wrote:

There is an whole 73 Matador station Waggon 4 sale in germany for 3k €

https://suchen.mobile.de/fahrzeuge/details.html?id=250963329&damageUnrepaired=NO_DAMAGE_UNREPAIRED&isSearchRequest=true&makeModelVariant1.modelDescription=AMC&pageNumber=1&scopeId=C&fnai=prev

Originally posted by Boris Badanov Boris Badanov wrote:

Depends on your Time, we have Freightforwarders that collect stuff somethere in the US, and ships the collected sendings off to Europe in a Container. Took some Time, but works like a charme.

And Engine from Houston to Germany is 500$, but this includes the whole Tax&Customs Paperwork(unfortually not the Tax and Customs)

just like mine

The engine i got just arrived from USA. $350 in shipping with boat from NJ
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic