TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Lounge Area > Member Projects
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

Devilboy's 1965 American 330

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678
Author
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote one bad rambler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/13/2018 at 10:58pm
I used the org. pedal(Upper part) and welded a plate to it....I like it much better then when it pivoted on the floor
68 AMX 390 4 Speed,68 American,64 American 2 Door Wagon Altered Wheelbase,78 Concord Build 360,727,8.8
Devilboy View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devilboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/14/2018 at 8:45am
Originally posted by farna farna wrote:

I have a Jeep XJ pedal in mine now.
Originally posted by one bad rambler one bad rambler wrote:

I used the org. pedal(Upper part) and welded a plate to it.

Frank & Anthony, could you guys please show me a photo of what you did for possible future reference if I ever decide to change it? I am curious & interested in seeing your fixes. Thanks.
Jeremy
AMCRC #10059
AMO #10906
1965 American 330
mixed up View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mixed up Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/15/2018 at 1:28am
I used a gas peddle from a 80's ford mustang or most other ford cars have the same set up on my car bolts to the firewall and has a built in return spring
69 amx 290 auto
65 220 290 4spd
80 ford fairmont
Lucas660 View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lucas660 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/15/2018 at 6:28am

I used the org. pedal(Upper part) and welded a plate to it....I like it much better then when it pivoted on the floor

I have done the same thing, but welded the bottom section of a late model pedal. It's much more responsive and less fatiging to drive. Obviously remove the assembly to weld so you don't set the vehicle on fire. Or use wet towels around the area if you are lazy.
Devilboy View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devilboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/15/2018 at 9:48pm
Thanks guys. Would love to see some photos of your fixes.
Jeremy
AMCRC #10059
AMO #10906
1965 American 330
one bad rambler View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote one bad rambler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/15/2018 at 10:15pm
Originally posted by Lucas660 Lucas660 wrote:

I have done the same thing, but welded the bottom section of a late model pedal. It's much more responsive and less fatiging to drive. Obviously remove the assembly to weld so you don't set the vehicle on fire. Or use wet towels around the area if you are lazy.
        Just starting my car is fatiguing..LOL.. I have size 13 triple e i don`t think i even need a gas pedal...
68 AMX 390 4 Speed,68 American,64 American 2 Door Wagon Altered Wheelbase,78 Concord Build 360,727,8.8
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678
  Share Topic