TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Lounge Area > Member Projects
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

Deconstructing a Rebel Machine

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rebel Machine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Deconstructing a Rebel Machine
    Posted: Nov/24/2017 at 3:34pm
Finally got started with my Machine restoration project, it's gonna take a few years.

Any idea what these staples on the radiator support are for, was it a production tag of some kind? There are only these two and this is a non-A/C car.

-Steve-

6PakBee View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Charter Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 6PakBee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/24/2017 at 7:39pm
Excellent!  Are you posting this over on the Machine forum also?
Roger Gazur
1969 'B' Scheme SC/Rambler
1970 RWB 4-spd Machine
1970 Sonic Silver auto AMX

All project cars.

Forum Cockroach
Rebel Machine View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rebel Machine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/25/2017 at 7:47am
Originally posted by 6PakBee 6PakBee wrote:

Excellent!  Are you posting this over on the Machine forum also?

No, haven't done that. My hope is to show the deconstruction in this thread then start a restoration thread when that begins. I'm taking tons of photos showing the details of how the car was put together such as how wiring was dressed.

Here's an example. This is the trunk light wire where it's connected into the main harness. You can see it was looped.

-Steve-

scott View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/25/2017 at 9:01am
I'm looking forward to following along & seeing the progress!

My Machine has the two staples in the upper support, but on the drivers side. Non AC car too. Many years ago I saw a ratty 4 door 70 Rebel that had a small metal tag on the support, but I can't recall if it was held on with staples.

My trunk light wiring doesn't have the loop yours does.
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rebel Machine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/25/2017 at 9:58am
This space-saver spare was in the car when I got it in 1986. Seems to be a different size than the ones I've seen on AMXs. Is this the correct spare used on The Machine?

-Steve-

AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rebel Machine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/26/2017 at 10:03am
Removed the instruments from the cluster.

232jav3sp View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 232jav3sp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/27/2017 at 10:13am
Such a cool car. Looking forward to seeing what you do.
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rebel Machine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/27/2017 at 6:18pm
Underhood and underdash wiring removed.

Gas tank out.

6PakBee View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Charter Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 6PakBee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/28/2017 at 8:50am
Originally posted by Rebel Machine Rebel Machine wrote:

This space-saver spare was in the car when I got it in 1986. Seems to be a different size than the ones I've seen on AMXs. Is this the correct spare used on The Machine?

-Steve-

I went through my Machine info and from what I have the correct spacesaver should be a D 78-14.  In the same info the E 78-14 was listed for '70 AMX.
Roger Gazur
1969 'B' Scheme SC/Rambler
1970 RWB 4-spd Machine
1970 Sonic Silver auto AMX

All project cars.

Forum Cockroach
kirkwood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Charter Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kirkwood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/28/2017 at 9:32am
That is interesting. Machine wheel equipped AMX and Javelin used the E78. D series are pretty small tires that were used on gremlins and hornets. If i had to guess I'd say E78 is correct.
AMO Newsletter Editor
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
  Share Topic