TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > American Motors Corp., its history and more. > Dealerships - Nash, Hudson, Rambler, AMC, Jeep > Dealership Project
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

dealership pieces

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 20>
Author
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bryan G Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/19/2011 at 10:10pm
A very large calendar from M&L GMC-Rambler, Federalsburg, MD:

A tiny newspaper ad from November 1962:
Bryan G View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bryan G Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/22/2011 at 12:40pm
Ice scraper from Webb's Garage, Milford, DE.
Bryan G View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bryan G Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/24/2011 at 9:34pm
Thought this thread over at Binder Planet might be interesting to some as it shows information on some dealers that sold both IH & AMC:
poormansMACHINE View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted
Charter Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote poormansMACHINE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/24/2011 at 9:58pm
Originally posted by Javelin_GT Javelin_GT wrote:

[/QUOTE]

Non the corner (1400E Roosevelt) is a CVS pharmacy.
I'm only a few minutes from there.
Blue Stinger View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blue Stinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/24/2011 at 11:25pm
The general sales manager of Roselle AMC/Jeep in Schaumburg, IL was a gentleman named Larry Matson.  Roselle was the fifth largest dealership in the country back in the mid '70's.  I was good friends with Larry.  He purchased Staral and renamed it Matson AMC/Jeep.  Also the first photo of the business card from Bennett takes me back.  I knew Ken Bennett, the owner of the dealership.
Mark Ogulnick
Boulder City, NV
'71 Hornet SC 360
javelinman74 View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote javelinman74 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/25/2011 at 8:33am
Would have been a nice card being glossy stock and 4 spot colors.
GREAT Stuff.  Beginning to do these vinyl remakes of the dealers stuff.  Layouts the same, just vinyl letters instead of a sticker.  But want to look into those Oil Change stickers, too cool.

I'll have to get pics of the aluminum signs that I have with a tag attached for Concord (sold the Spirit one), aluminum with "engraved" type lettering and coloring..

Any thing for consideration for remake, shoot me a pic and e-mail.
www.a70sthingautomobilia.com
It Used To Be an AMC Thing...
     No One Understands!
1982 Eagle SX/4
Daily Drivers since 1995!
XRX744 View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote XRX744 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/30/2011 at 3:48pm
This is all I've got from the dealership where mine was sold. It was in Ontario California.

69 AMX, pro touring /track car, TEAM tribute, aka: "The Kenosha Corncob"
javelinman74 View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote javelinman74 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/01/2011 at 6:55pm
Interesting the dealer information pictures  I got from the order forms for US dealers were reversed with American Motors on the top line and dealership name on the botton, and my frames are smaller in hheight on the top line than the bottm.

Did you want new ones created?  I'll add the pics to my file for reference, thanks!
www.a70sthingautomobilia.com
It Used To Be an AMC Thing...
     No One Understands!
1982 Eagle SX/4
Daily Drivers since 1995!
AMX09652 View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted
Charter Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AMX09652 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/01/2011 at 7:04pm
Cast iron ashtray.

1969 BBO AMX 390 4 speed

"Deep in the heart of Texas"

1979AMX View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1979AMX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/07/2012 at 11:16pm
These things are great. I hope that they never get thrown away. They need to stay in the hobby....I am always willing to babysit, display and continue the honor of the heritage of these pieces of history. Thanks for sharing them..
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 20>
  Share Topic