TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > American Motors Corp., its history and more. > Dealerships - Nash, Hudson, Rambler, AMC, Jeep > Dealership Project
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

dealership pieces

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 20>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Charter Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kirkwood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: dealership pieces
    Posted: Jan/22/2008 at 12:46pm
How about scans and pics of 'stuff' from dealerships? I'll start with this business card. I always thought it was a good looking card, and a full color business card on glossy stock in late 70's couldn't have been too cheap!

AMO Newsletter Editor
Ohio AMX View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted
Charter Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ohio AMX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/22/2008 at 1:20pm
All right! I live for this kind of stuff! Tongue  A sticker from where I worked (hard to scan because it's foil):

And a sticker I removed from a Rambler in the boneyard about 25 years ago:

Some oil change stickers from the same place:

The back end of my '77 (I need to find another one of these):

Where my parents bought their Sportabout and Gremlin:

And speaking of keychains, I already found and photographed this place for the Lost Dealership Project:

1940 Hupmobile Skylark
1968 Javelin future Pro Street
1969 AMX 290/auto (first car)
1997 Dodge SS/T 5.9L
AMO# 983
d7javelin View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote d7javelin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/22/2008 at 3:45pm
I've got a perfect baby blue womans comb with bobbi pins at the top.  It's got "KING MOTORS  Next time try a Rambler" printed on the top.  Also have two NOS dealer stickers from Mark Birdnow AMC-Jeep Inc. Oelwein, Iowa.  One is white letters on a gold background, the other is black over gold.  I tried to post a picture but, I may as well try DYI brain surgery.
billd View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Forum Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote billd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/22/2008 at 10:33pm
Shoot me the photos via email..........
Black and gold - I wonder.........
I'll have to see if I have any of the keychains I got when I bought my AMX.
FamlyTradition View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FamlyTradition Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/23/2008 at 3:31pm
 I got pictures of the dealer sticker, leather key chain holder, and owner's manual with Mr. Parker's signature from Rowell/Parker- dealership (60's) in Hot Springs Ar. shown in Memmbers Progects: 1965 Rambler Classic 550.
65 Rambler Classic 550 & 660
kirkwood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Charter Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kirkwood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/30/2008 at 1:26pm
AMC dealership Welcome and Thank-You Mats:

AMO Newsletter Editor
kirkwood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Charter Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kirkwood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/30/2008 at 1:29pm
a few pics of dealership signs:

Spirit Intro Window Acetate sheets

Gucci Sportabout window poster

82 poster and promo license plates

AMO Newsletter Editor
ArnieG View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ArnieG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/16/2008 at 11:26am
From my dad's dealership (Royal Rambler/Attleboro Ma.) around 1959 a very nicely made roulette wheel and an ice scraper/coin saver.

heel

Edited by ArnieG - Feb/16/2008 at 11:35am
Cape Cod, MA.
1970 AMX frost white/shadow mask
MarkBirdnow View Drop Down
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarkBirdnow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/18/2008 at 8:11am
Hi, I'm curious how you got those Mark Birdnow dealer stickers? I have a lot of memorabilia from my store:
Hi, My name is Mark Birdnow. I was the AMC-Jeep dealer in Oelwein Iowa for about five years until it closed in the early 80's. I did write a cover story for the AMO magazine (Jan/Feb) 2004 issue about how I became the youngest AMC dealer in the country.
I have quite a few documents from that time, including my original franchise papers, etc.
I am still an active auto dealer. I have a multi line dealership still in Oelwein Iowa. www.birdnow.com is our website.
d7javelin View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote d7javelin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/18/2008 at 8:56am
You sold me a box of catalogs many years back and they were in the bottom of the box along with price books from the early and mid 70's.  Also had some salesman buttons that say "Pacer Lover" etc.  Agter I posted the first time I went back to look at the dealer stickers.  They are not printed on a gold back ground.  They are printed on a clear sticker.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 20>
  Share Topic