TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > American Motors Corp., its history and more. > Dealerships - Nash, Hudson, Rambler, AMC, Jeep > Dealership Project
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

Dealer Sticker

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ruby loye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/20/2017 at 10:03am
I am so digging this thread!

Mark
Artful Dodger View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Artful Dodger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/20/2017 at 12:48pm
Bit of an update.
Some time ago, Dealer's Daughter visited with her Dad in another province B.C.
He gave her a colour pic of the front of the Seager Rambler building as well as two full page newspaper ads from back in the day advertising all the Toronto Ontario Rambler dealerships.
I uploaded those to another section of this forum.
Shortly after that her brother in Alberta asked if I would like to have an unused Ken Seager Rambler key fob. He had kept it in a drawer all these years as a memento.
I thanked him Very Much and it now has my keys on it.
A year later, Dealer's Daughter em'd me to say she was travelling from Oregon to a town near me and could we meet.
Yes, yes, yes!
A very nice lady. We took lots of pics of her with the Rebel so she could show her Dad.
Months later, a package arrived at my house. In it was a small album of the pics she had taken with both of us in and around the Rebel. As I said, a nice lady.
She told me her Dad was thrilled with the pics and the fact that this had all come together.
She em'd me a few months ago to let me know Mr. Ken Seager had passed away. 93 years old and had had a very happy and full life.
Bit of a long story but one of good memories for me.
67, 770, 232 Auto
AMoCoLite View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AMoCoLite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/20/2017 at 4:04pm
TY for the update!
Artful Dodger View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artful Dodger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/20/2017 at 9:55pm
Hi Mark
Read your pm today.
Will give it some thought.
Have been reading that some people regretted posting bill of sale due to privacy concerns. VIN #'s
Maybe the pic I posted is better off being a bit blurry
67, 770, 232 Auto
Dealer Daughter View Drop Down
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dealer Daughter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/06/2017 at 2:36pm
Hello back .....

Yes, I do have some information for you.

I am actually looking at a photo of your grandfather right now on a near full page add that Dad (Ken Seager)placed in the Globe and Mail, Tuesday, March 6 1962.  It is announcing that Ken Seager Motors is expanding and your grandfather's photo is one of six men introduced as the sales and service men at the dealership.

Dad would have loved to know that you had inquired about him.  Unfortunately, Dad passed away last December as I am sure he would have some stories he could share about your grandfather.  If you would like more information, one of the men, Tom McBride, also in the ad is still living and I could ask him if
he had some interesting details for you.

Dealer's Daughter

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic