TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Lounge Area > Upcoming Shows and Events
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

Das Awkscht Fescht

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrBeast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Das Awkscht Fescht
    Posted: Jul/30/2015 at 10:45pm
Anyone from here attending Das Awkscht Fescht in Macungie, PA this weekend? I'll be attending as a spectator. There are usually some AMCs, just curious if any members will be there. Josh
"Me and the Devil, gonna take you on a long and evil ride"- Jim Morrison
rocklandrambler View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocklandrambler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/31/2015 at 1:32am
I've never attended that one but I did participate in the Wheels of Time Rod & Custom jamborees for over 10 years held in the same park. August in Macungie can be brutal and I think this weekend will be one of those. Have fun.
Past AMC's
1974 Hornet X (new)
1975 Gremlin X (new)
1964 Classic 660 Cross Country
1965 American 440-H
SirDigger View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SirDigger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/31/2015 at 2:39am
The Name of that Party =Fescht sounds kinda german... schwabia dialect ,, 
SirDigger&his german Friends are looking for Parts http://theamcforum.com/forum/the-german-amc-forum-ambassadorsirdigger-needs_topic83570.html
1970 Javelin SST 304
1970 Javelin SST 360
MrBeast View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrBeast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/31/2015 at 12:27pm
Originally posted by rocklandrambler rocklandrambler wrote:

I've never attended that one but I did participate in the Wheels of Time Rod & Custom jamborees for over 10 years held in the same park. August in Macungie can be brutal and I think this weekend will be one of those. Have fun.

Your exactly right about the heat, I've gone to this show 6-7 times, one time the temps were low 80's, but normally it is oppressive. I really like the park as a venue and the show never fails to impress, lots of really neat and diverse cars. This years featured car is the Chrysler 300. Should be a good one!
kcsamc View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kcsamc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/31/2015 at 1:07pm
SirDigger:

You are sort of correct - it is Pennsylvania Dutch for "The August Festival" - happens the first weekend of every August now for over 50 years.

Huge car show and flea market Fri - Sun.

Sunday is club day - that is when over 25 clubs participate with members cars.

For us, the clubs of main interest would be:

Metropolitan Club
Nash / AMC Clubs
Kaiser - Jeep Club

My family usually attends, but we are getting ready to move my daughter to NC this week  (CryConfused) and won't make it this year.

It's a good event of over 1000 cars parked by make on Sunday - a great event.  Oh, and for the ladies there is a craft fair!
Kevin Shope
1964 Classic 660
67 Rogue 290-4V 4spd Conv
A-Scheme SC/Rambler (69 SC JOURNEY)
MrBeast View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrBeast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/31/2015 at 1:58pm
Originally posted by kcsamc kcsamc wrote:

Sunday is club day - that is when over 25 clubs participate with members cars.

For us, the clubs of main interest would be:

Metropolitan Club
Nash / AMC Clubs
Kaiser - Jeep Club

My family usually attends, but we are getting ready to move my daughter to NC this week  (CryConfused) and won't make it this year.

It's a good event of over 1000 cars parked by make on Sunday - a great event.  Oh, and for the ladies there is a craft fair!

I didn't realize Sunday was club day as I've only ever gone on Saturday. Maybe I'll have to switch my plans and go Sunday instead of tomorrow. It's a shame you won't be attending. Good luck with your daughters move. I'm hoping to get to your end of season gathering this year, if you have it. 
6768rogues View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 6768rogues Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/31/2015 at 3:14pm
Das Awkscht Fescht
Sounds like some kind of nasty disease.
Content intended for mature audiences. If you experience nausea or diarrhea, stop reading and seek medical attention.

Located usually near Rochester, NY and sometimes central FL.
A0M190Y View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A0M190Y Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/31/2015 at 7:26pm
I've gone many times but haven't brought a car in a while. It is the biggest car show in the Allentown area by far. Every day is different which makes it fun.
AMXTSY View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AMXTSY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/01/2015 at 8:03am
Renowned author and AMC historian Pat Foster told me that he was planning to attend. Bruce
Bruce Carothers
Champaign County, Il.
AMO # 9928
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic