TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Garage > AMC V8 Engine Repair and Modifications
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

Cowl Hood What do you think?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
Author
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AMXFSTBK390 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/24/2014 at 8:21pm
Are you going to pin the hood or latch it, or use dzus fasteners? The more I look at the UP22 hood on your AMX the more I like it.
Questions are powerful tools...what's in your toolbox?
jblue1555 View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jblue1555 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/25/2014 at 12:28am
I'm sorry for misunderstanding your inquiry. Please accept my apology I should have waited for clarification on your question. I assure you I wasn't trying to be condescending or challenge your knowledge.
sick390 View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sick390 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/25/2014 at 9:25am
i am thinking of pinning the hood...... no latch!
it is the 4 3/4 inch cowl...
i love the way it looks too!  i am even thinking of leaving it primer it looks cooler!

Cool

No worries jblue555...........apology accepted!

tsanchez View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tsanchez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/25/2014 at 9:57am
Is is a race weight one or do you have it on hinges? I would for sure pin the front
sick390 View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sick390 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/25/2014 at 10:50am
it has the hinges in the back that bolt on.....yes definitaly pin up front!

i do like you home made steel one! wanna trade hahaha

i didnt forget i am talking to my MSD guys for you!
tsanchez View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tsanchez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/25/2014 at 10:54am
My hood is fiberglass, we just added the cowl scoop, or are you talking the front pin mounts
sick390 View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sick390 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/25/2014 at 10:57am
oh shtttt for some reason i thought it was steel...with fiberglass cowl but now i remember it was fiberglass you held it up with that stick.....

so you got a tunnel ram laying around? definitaley interested!
tsanchez View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tsanchez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/25/2014 at 11:10am
I have light springs on the hinges and with the added weight of the cowl it barely holds it up so I use the prop rod for safety.

The intake is one I know of and have to check if its still available, although a torker or indy may be simpler 
sick390 View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sick390 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/25/2014 at 11:26am
its nice to have as a collection piece on my garage wall!

i took the springs off my hinges......
four4fish View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote four4fish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/25/2014 at 2:01pm
Looks great! What Kind of quality is it ? Can you use regular hinges and springs and does it all line up good?  Why take the spring off? Think it would be a nice fit for the cross ram ?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
  Share Topic