TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Garage > Tool Time tool review and eval area
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

cordless impact and ratchet

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote needafasterAMX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: cordless impact and ratchet
    Posted: Jun/28/2016 at 10:52pm
picked up some Milwaukee cordless impacts and ratchet, They are nice, hope to not fire up the compressor so much.

Anyone using them.
74 AMX, 401
Viper spec T56 6 speed trans
Hydroboost brakes with rear disks from a Avenger
3:73 TG rear,now Trutrac with 3:15
A Turbo is in my future.
bikerfox View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bikerfox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/28/2016 at 11:24pm
I bought a milwaukee corded impact wrench many years ago and 
I think it has the capability to go to 300 ft. lbs. of torque, so it's 
a capable tool, IMO, and has served me well.

I use the "old" Easco ratchet set that I bought in high school.
Still work very well and not a problem!
1969 Rebel SST (1970-1987)
1968 AMX (2005-2011)
1969 SC/Rambler (2011-2019)
1970 Javelin (2019 to ?)"Jane"
Lucas660 View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lucas660 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/29/2016 at 6:28am
Not Milwaukee, but use the Bosch version everyday. Technology has come a long way. Don't sell your compressor just yet though, if you look at the specs the compressed air impact guns are much more powerful.
tufcj View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tufcj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/29/2016 at 8:57am
I have a Dewalt 3/8 drive cordless impact. Great for use at junkyards.

Bob
tufcj
69 AMX
74 Javelin AMX
67 Rogue

If you need a tool and don't buy it...
you'll eventually pay for it...
and not have it.
Henry Ford
RonFrancis View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RonFrancis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/16/2017 at 9:48am
DeWalt 1/2 inch drive can really twist things.I've had it for 3-4 years and use it for many many project.  It use the same 18 volt batteries drills and other common tools use. Wink
Ron Francis
71-SST View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 71-SST Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/21/2017 at 8:31pm
They've got 20, 60 and 120 volt stuff now with lots of torque. Almost no need for air tools anymore. Pricey but worth it.
RonFrancis View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RonFrancis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/21/2017 at 8:39pm
If I had a better compressor, I'd have some air tools, theya re still pretty good. I do agree with a cordless impact, drill, saw, etc
Ron Francis
Budwisr View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Budwisr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/21/2017 at 9:53pm
We use 20v Ingersoll 1/2" impacts at work. They develop over 1000lbs of torque. They'll twist off a 3/4" bolt if you're not careful.

1970 AMX 1980 AMX
<br
CamJam View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CamJam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/21/2017 at 10:26pm
I had a cheapo Black & Decker cordless ratchet back in the 90s.  I used it all the time until the battery died. By then they had discontinued it and I couldn't find another. Not something for heavy-duty service, but it was surprisingly strong. 

Milwaukee makes one now, but you're at $150 by the time you get the battery and charger.  I keep waiting for them to go on sale at Home Depot, but I've been waiting two years now.

Edited by CamJam - Jan/23/2017 at 8:16pm
tyrodtom View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tyrodtom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/21/2017 at 10:34pm
I got a  Ingersoll Rand 20V impact,  plenty powerful for anything i'd ever want done, i've even made a adapter to a drill chuck, lot's of broken drill bits in my future.

But it was free,  it's retail price ( the whole kit, recharger and extra battery)  is almost as much as my compressor.   But i never would have bought it if I had to come up with the money.   I won it as a contingency prize after winning a race a couple of years ago.
66 American SW, 66 American 2dr, 82 J10, 70 Hornet, Pound, Va.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic