TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Garage > AMC V8 Engine Repair and Modifications
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

Coil wire ?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 68-73 amx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Coil wire ?
    Posted: Jun/05/2020 at 10:54pm
Getting ready to do the first fire up in 73 Javelin A/C 401 after 8 year rebuild and restoration. Where does the black and yellow wire above fuse box ( engine compartment side ) go ? The black wire has a + marked on it , I'm guessing positive side of coil . the yellow I know was not used and is terminated . Looked at online TSM and can't find anything .
Trader View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/06/2020 at 6:37am
I don't have the 73 wiring diagram but those should be your tachometer wires. They will be left disconnected if you do not have a tachometer.
Take a look in your TSM, I believe there is a separate sheet for the tachometer wiring.
scott View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/06/2020 at 7:35am
If the black wire runs to a spade terminal on the back of the tach, the engine compartment end goes to the - side of the coil. You have to be careful, the 71-72 TSM is incorrect & shows this wire going to the + side of the coil. This error was corrected in the later TSM.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic