TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Garage > Suspension, Steering, Brakes & Wheels
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

Coil over conversion.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 4.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
fox12303 View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fox12303 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/06/2015 at 7:44pm
AME makes specific subframe widths and the width of the subframe dictates the track width. Because the Rambler has a narrow overall track vs frame rail width, I could get a 34" subframe with a 60" hub to hub dimension. This is the closest dimensions to the Rambler frame. I would still have to offset/notch the frame rails a little on both side but it is completely doable. Track width is very close to the Mustang axle I just installed. The price on the other hand is not doable at this time.

Plan B is to adapt a Mustang Fox body K-member. The K-member is basically the same width as the Rambler unit body. The shock towers may be the obstacle? The K-member would make the engine swap much easier as I have a Ford 302/AOD going in next. Wanted the LS motor but trying to keep this on a lower budget.

You can see/read more of the swap over in the FrankenRambler section under "6cyl removed."
http://theamcforum.com/forum/66-rambler-6cyl-removed_topic67069_post647616.html?KW=#647616

Edited by fox12303 - Jul/08/2015 at 4:18pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
  Share Topic