TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Garage > Transmission & Drivetrain > Eagle and Jeep Specific drive-train issues
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

cj5 trans /t case

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote odd401 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: cj5 trans /t case
    Posted: Sep/20/2014 at 4:30pm
Confusedi have a 68 cj5,putting in a used t14,had the manual and gasket last night,both have diss appeared ,cant find them anywhere.so my question is whats the procedure to mate trans and t case,i remember something about having trans gears pushhed towards the front of trans when installing.they are tied towards the back by the guy i bought it from,hes a jeep guy,but cant get ahold of him any help,i gotta have it going by tomarrow.thanksDead
carnuck View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote carnuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/21/2014 at 8:19am
I asked on IFSJA.org and was told:
Ask on www.earlyCJ5.com

IIRC once you put the bearing retainer on, and the rear main bearing is in place, you don't need any wire. The bearings should stay in the case without any wire.
odd401 View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote odd401 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/16/2014 at 7:56am
hey,got another issue,i got the right bow gear,and front output shaft,putting in new seals,my book doesnt say if you are supposed to oil the felt washer before installing,it also is thicker than the original one i pulled off.this my first manual trans attempt.any help,thanks
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic