TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Lounge Area > Upcoming Shows and Events
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

Chryslers at Carlisle 2015

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote singerron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Chryslers at Carlisle 2015
    Posted: Dec/03/2014 at 11:08am
The Chryslers at Carlisle, Pa, event is July 10-12 2015. American Motors cars are welcome to attend. I am taking my 69 AMX next year. The attendance from AMC owners has been low the last couple of years. It would be great if a bunch of us showed up. Is anyone else planning on going? Do you have a favorite motel. This is my first time with the AMX but have been there several times with my Chrysler Crossfire.
dltowers View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dltowers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/03/2014 at 8:00pm
Ron, Won't it still be snowing in PA in JulyBig smile??
Original Owner, 1974 Javelin:
360ci,2v,727TC. Motorola Multiplex with 8-Track.
G4 Plum exterior with 421Q Black Uganda Interior. Purchased on July 16, 1974 from Hooker AMC, Sherman, TX for $4500.20
singerron View Drop Down
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote singerron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/04/2014 at 9:30am
No snow, but it will be raining MOPAR'S,AMC'S and now unfortunately Fiats. Just a short drive from Texas, you should attend. We get thousands of cars.   
dltowers View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dltowers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/04/2014 at 10:30am
Ron, if I drive up there, will it be safe to "Wear My Dallas Cowboys ShirtCool?"
Original Owner, 1974 Javelin:
360ci,2v,727TC. Motorola Multiplex with 8-Track.
G4 Plum exterior with 421Q Black Uganda Interior. Purchased on July 16, 1974 from Hooker AMC, Sherman, TX for $4500.20
0069X View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 0069X Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/04/2014 at 12:48pm
Ron I was going to ask you if you wanted to take "both" your AMX and Crossfire to Carlisle.
I was thinking about taking both of my cars, but I was planning on parking the AMX and my Crossfire with the Crossfire group. (I've been to Carlisle 4 times and have yet to locate the AMC crowd.) Even the event workers couldn't tell me exactly where they were parked.
I'll know more after I get my car back from it's winter stay in Mississippi, I'm hoping to get it back in April. I haven't been to Carlisle since 2011.
You mentioned AMC turn out has been low at that event, but I understand the Crossfire attendance is down as well. I don't think they had enough show up last year to qualify for a tent in 2015. I hope that's not true.
68-73 amx View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 68-73 amx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/04/2014 at 8:20pm
Sure, Eagles fan's love Dallas cowboy fan's in thier territory...
Mr. Ed View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr. Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/05/2014 at 10:17am
Originally posted by dltowers dltowers wrote:

Ron, if I drive up there, will it be safe to "Wear My Dallas Cowboys ShirtCool?"

NO! LOL

Later!
Mr. Ed
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo "Gwendolyn."
1978 Concord Sport coupe "Mr. Black".
1982 Concord wagon. The Admiral. FOR SALE!
1976 Sportabout X, 304, auto, air. The Bronze Goddess

singerron View Drop Down
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote singerron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/06/2014 at 3:53am
Mike, The last few years the AMC's have been parked together down near the stadium. Not at the stadium but a few rows before you get to it walking down the hill. That is where I would park. Don't know about taking both but probably just the AMX. I don't know how the Crossfire turnout was last year because we where in Colorado for the CAA 5. CAA 6 is in Kansas next June and we are attending but it won't interfere with Carlisle.
imacarfan2 View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote imacarfan2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/09/2014 at 8:41pm
I recently picked up nice 71 Plymouth Scamp that I'm hoping to take. Might try to sell it there. 318/auto, Sassy Grass green with black interior and top. It's real solid. I'll take an AMC, too, if I have something ready.
67 Ambo conv
68 AMX
68 Ambo 4 door
70 Ambo 4 door
(2) 71 Hornets (1 SC/360)
73 Hornet 2 door
77 Matador coupe
77 Sportabout
78 Concord 2 door
81 Concord wagon
singerron View Drop Down
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote singerron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/13/2014 at 8:15am
Hope you can bring an AMC along. Stop by and see us anyway. Always great to meet AMC owners.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic