Forum Home Forum Home > The Garage > AMC 6 Cylinder Engine Repair and Modifications
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Carb/Foot Feed Return Spring
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

Carb/Foot Feed Return Spring

 Post Reply Post Reply
Mickey12 View Drop Down

Joined: May/25/2018
Location: Kansas City, Mo
Status: Offline
Points: 14
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mickey12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Carb/Foot Feed Return Spring
    Posted: Jun/17/2018 at 5:26pm

I have a '65 Classic, 199/6cy. single barrel carb. The return spring off the carb shaft has broken loose from the bottom somewhere. Where does it hook back to? I can’t post a photo, but it’s a long spring with two barrels springs, the smaller one appears to move inside the larger one as the foot feed is depressed. Is there a better work around? Suggestions would be appreciated.

Back to Top
Trader View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Joined: May/15/2018
Location: North America
Status: Offline
Points: 664
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/27/2018 at 12:49pm
Your carb should be a Carter RBS 3766. Not knowing the carb itself my suggestion would be to buy a rebuild kit as they almost always have a full breakdown diagram.
In most cases to get a throttle spring of the design your talking about wound and back in place you need to do it with the carb on the bench so the rebuild kit would be required regardless.
Unless someone else has a better suggestion?
Back to Top
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic   

Forum Jump Forum Permissions View Drop Down

This page was generated in 0.047 seconds.
All content of this site Copyright © 2018 TheAMCForum unless otherwise noted, all rights reserved.
If you have problems logging in or registering, then please contact a Moderator or