TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Garage > Tool Time tool review and eval area
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

Car Storage Bag

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kwkslvr73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/14/2009 at 9:51am
Same here in MI. Fog, rain, snow, we get it all too! Garage floor will sweat also, that's why I went with the replaceable  desiccant. A buddy just picked one up from carbag for his Grand National I think it was 300.00 shipped. 
360 5-speed orig owner...
billd View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Forum Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote billd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/14/2009 at 10:02am
Originally posted by kwkslvr73 kwkslvr73 wrote:

Garage floor will sweat also, that's why I went with the replaceable  desiccant.

That gets so bad here the water actually puddles and runs to the drains (or away from them in our other garage)

For me, unheated, no lift......  Cry
71AMX4014SPD View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 71AMX4014SPD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/14/2009 at 1:14pm
I'd like to think this vapor proof bag will nullify any sweating from the concrete. But, if not I'll just buy bags of dessicant for next year. 
1968 Javelin 360 727 B/W/R
1970 AMX 390 4spd Bayshore Blue
1971 Jav/AMX 401 4spd B6
kwkslvr73 View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kwkslvr73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/14/2009 at 4:18pm
71....manufacturer of the carbag I use says the desiccant is just for the moisture that is trapped in the bag when you zip it up. After that it is air tight. They suggest not to wash it or even move on wet pavement b/4 you put it in the bag. I don't even run it , I push it in , pull the battery, throw one bag in the car (windows down) and the rest of the bags under the car and zip it up!Oh...........beautiful car you have by the way!!!!!!

Edited by kwkslvr73 - Dec/14/2009 at 4:20pm
turbo View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote turbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/14/2009 at 4:56pm
by spring I'm looking fwd to having your sister car except for a white c stripe.  going to be my hi hi po driver......
they call me Capt RETIRED!
AMC instigator View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AMC instigator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/16/2009 at 9:41pm
Under the Gen chat place Scott did just post a week ago about the bags he uses. It is under" how often to start" on like page 2. He was very happy. SH
Ohio AMX View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted
Charter Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ohio AMX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/16/2009 at 10:11pm
Yes, the CarJacket is highly recommended. I have used mine since 1997 with the same dessicant by oven baking it every fall. At a Halloween party this year I saw the host had his chromed-out Harley in one of those clear bubbles with the electric fan. I asked him how dry it stayed inside and he said not very.
1940 Hupmobile Skylark
1968 Javelin future Pro Street
1969 AMX 290/auto (first car)
1997 Dodge SS/T 5.9L
AMO# 983
kwkslvr73 View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kwkslvr73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/17/2009 at 8:34am
that's what I have heard about the fan type also. Didn't think blowing more humid air in the bag was a good idea! Ohio...I found some deseccant on ebay that you can regenerate in the bag . Hope it works!
AMX North View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AMX North Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/17/2009 at 9:52pm
Just curious how this would work if the garage was heated on occasion and the car was in the bag and the bag was left closed up. I don`t heat the garage all the time but I do go out and work on the weekends and some evenings. From the sound of it if all the moisture is out then it should not allow the car to sweat.
70 AMX/390/Auto Hialeah yellow/Shadow Mask,           Kevin Jones

amcrules00 View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amcrules00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/18/2009 at 8:24am

I thought the moisture was generated by the heating up and cooling down cycle you're introducing? Can't imagine this being good over the long term. I read the general concensus here in the sleeping bags are the best for unheated enviroments and the bubbles are better in heated spaces. Dessicant is a good idea in both. Confirm?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic