TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Trading Post: Sale, wanted, vendors,shipping > Product Announcements
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

CalTracs discount

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amx39068 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: CalTracs discount
    Posted: Oct/24/2012 at 11:33am
I have decided to bite the bullet and order up enough CalTracs in order to maximize the discount from Calvert Racing for CalTracs for our cars. As a result, discounts are now available for forum members and AMC Musclecar facebook friends for AMCs(or even other brands for that matter). AMC Musclecars is now also able to offer Control Freak suspensions parts at a discount as well.

Discounts on Calvert Racing products are as follows:

• CalTracs - $279 from a list price of $339 (savings of $60 off list price).
  • Split Monoleaf Springs - $315 from a list price $378 (savings of $63 off list price)
  • 90/10 shocks - $50/ea from a list of $59 (savings of $9 per shock)
  • 9 way adjustable rear shocks - $86/ea from a list price of $99 (savings of $13 per shock).

I thought the discount on CalTracs were going to be higher but the discounts above are based directly upon a conversation with Calvert Racing as of 10/24.

In that the AMC shop is operated as a personal hobby shop rather than a full blown business, the only form of payment accepted will be via a PayPal e-bill sent to the buyer, personal checks or money orders/cashier checks. If sending a personal check, the waiting period for the check to clear will be 10 days from the time the check is deposited.

Shipping via USPS or UPS (whichever is the lowest cost) is not included in the above prices.

In addition to fulfilling whatever requests are still wanted from my prior inquiry for interest on discounted Calvert Racing products in early summer, we will have at least one set of CalTracs on hand at all times for the American/Rogues and AMX/Javs in the event someone beyond the initial order needs a set. Firm orders and payments will be gathered over the next couple of weeks so that we can minimize shipping costs and achieve the greatest amount of discount by lumping as much together as possible for a single pallet delivery of everything at once. Subsequent orders may result in a small increase in shipping costs over this initial offering.

I will be contacting all who have previously expressed an interest in Calvert Racing products and appreciate everyone's patience while we attempted to accumulate the requisite number of people needed to achieve the highest level of discount for forum members and AMC Muslcecars facebook friends. 2012 is rapidly drawing to an end so we wanted to get this done now that we are also able to offer Control Freak suspension parts as well.

Edited by amx39068 - Oct/24/2012 at 12:01pm
Dan Curtis-Owner and CEO AZ AMC Restorations; Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/amcmusclecars/ & Curtis Real Estate Development
Lenni AMC View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lenni AMC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/24/2012 at 11:56am
Interested in buying the whole package ( Leaf springs, front and rear shocks and Caltracs )  in my 69 Javelin

couple of questions though can you ship to Iceland ?
and what do you imagine the shipping costs would be ?

you can contact me with email: lennilennilenni@gmail.com

Hope to hear from you
Best Regards from Iceland
Lenni AMC
AMC Gremlin w/401
6.212 @ 117.01 - 1/8 Mile
9.785 @ 133.11 - 1/4 Mile
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCikyNqrfpMB8VzLd910Hkhg

https://rbjracing1.wixsite.com/website
jblue1555 View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jblue1555 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/24/2012 at 1:59pm
if we get enough orders will they make us some 68-69 front shocks. the last time I tried I was told no.
tomslik View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tomslik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/26/2012 at 6:25pm
i'm in for a set of cal-tracs, just let me know how you want paid   (67 american w/3" axle tubes).
i THINK i sent you a spec sheet but if not, let me know.

67 american 290/4speed
tomslik View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tomslik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/27/2012 at 9:03am
oh, btw, lately fedex is cheaper but ups is fine too, usps is ok IF you can get a tracking#...

67 american 290/4speed
amx39068 View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amx39068 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/28/2012 at 12:45pm
Tom,
I seem to recall your and one other forum member sending the specs but will verify and let you know for sure. Thanks for the follow up.
Dan Curtis-Owner and CEO AZ AMC Restorations; Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/amcmusclecars/ & Curtis Real Estate Development
amx39068 View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amx39068 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/28/2012 at 12:47pm
Originally posted by Lenni AMC Lenni AMC wrote:

Interested in buying the whole package ( Leaf springs, front and rear shocks and Caltracs )  in my 69 Javelin

couple of questions though can you ship to Iceland ?
and what do you imagine the shipping costs would be ?

you can contact me with email: lennilennilenni@gmail.com

Hope to hear from you
Best Regards from Iceland
Lenni AMC

Lenni,
We would probably just drop ship to Iceland directly from CalTrac but I will have to confirm. Thanks for your inquiry.
amx39068 View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amx39068 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/28/2012 at 12:50pm
Originally posted by jblue1555 jblue1555 wrote:

if we get enough orders will they make us some 68-69 front shocks. the last time I tried I was told no.

I will double check on the front shocks. I did not think they are unique to our cars so unless they are unique, I can't imagine why we can't get them.

Does anyone else have a cross reference chart for front shocks on 69 and earlier trunnion based cars and the 70 and up shocks indicating which other cars shocks for our cars fit?
AMX401 View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AMX401 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/01/2013 at 11:32pm
Dan.  Are you still selling the caltracs?  Also, im thinking of putting a rear sway bar on my humpster as well, any issues with the caltracs and sway bar?
Regards,
Jeff...
amx39068 View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amx39068 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/02/2013 at 9:00am
This is one of the things I haven't gotten around to completing yet but need to get done this month. Also have a bunch of Control Freak requests to get done as well. Will post here when it get done.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic