TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Competition > Drag Racing
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Cal Tracs for Americans/Rogues/SCRamblers/AMX/Jav
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

Cal Tracs for Americans/Rogues/SCRamblers/AMX/Jav

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
Author
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amx39068 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/26/2012 at 1:44pm
Originally posted by tomslik tomslik wrote:

Originally posted by amx39068 amx39068 wrote:

They told me they could do the Mono spring in 2"

split mono?
Just talked to them and they can actually only do split mono in the 2".  If you want single piece mono it has to be 2.5" wide and you will have to modify the front mount area to remove the spacer bracket that closes the front mount point from 2.5" to 2" and shim the rear shackle with a couple of quarter inch washers.

I need to place an order for a minimum of two sets of springs in order to realize the max discount of in the range of 15- 20%.

So far 4 or 5 people want caltracs as well so we just need to have two or three more to get close to the max 25% discount

Edited by amx39068 - Mar/26/2012 at 1:45pm
Dan Curtis-Owner and CEO AZ AMC Restorations; Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/amcmusclecars/ & Curtis Real Estate Development
tomslik View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tomslik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/26/2012 at 2:52pm
am i included in the cal-trac list?

67 american 290/4speed
amx39068 View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amx39068 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/26/2012 at 2:59pm
yes and in fact I am counting on you to add the last couple of requests from your racing buddies!
Dan Curtis-Owner and CEO AZ AMC Restorations; Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/amcmusclecars/ & Curtis Real Estate Development
SKeown View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SKeown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/26/2012 at 3:07pm

Forget about one piece springs, no need, besides they will send what you order and if the height isn't ideal they will exchange the rear portion on the honor system (shipped on their dime immediately) to get it right.

SKeown
amx39068 View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amx39068 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/26/2012 at 3:44pm
Just had someone ask for two more sets.  Just need two more and we will hit the magic number for the best discount.
quikamx View Drop Down
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quikamx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/17/2012 at 12:58am
Hi Dan, Tim here San Diego. Just read your posts a few weeks late perhaps. Have you gotten to the magic number you need yet? If so, congrats. If not, I would be interested in a set of the bars for one of my AMX's. Let me know.

Edited by quikamx - Apr/17/2012 at 1:01am
amx39068 View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amx39068 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/17/2012 at 10:07am
Tim,
Now all we need is one more to reach the magic number so if I don't hear from anyone else I will just order an extra set so we can get the discount.

Please PM me so I can add you to my list in my PM files.
tomslik View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tomslik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/17/2012 at 6:12pm
hey, when the time comes, do you want/need us to fill out the cal-trac spec sheet?

67 american 290/4speed
amx39068 View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amx39068 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/17/2012 at 10:26pm
Tom, yes that is an excellent idea if you have anything other than a stock rear end setup in a car so any mini or full tubbing, a Ford 9" or Mopar 8 3/4 or even moving the spring end locations will be better off with the spec sheet filled out to ensure people get what they want and need.

I believe I got the last request today for the minimum number of Caltracs needed to get the biggest level of discount so we should be good to go within the next couple of weeks.

Just a reminder to everyone who has requested a set of Caltracs, Monosprings or shocks from this offer to share the discounts granted by the manufacturer, I do this as part of participation in and enjoyment of the hobby so this should not in any way be considered something that is a business. Also please be mindful that I am not looking to profit from this undertaking and still have my day job that is very demanding so weekends are about the only time I have available to work with the hobby activities. As a result, if anyone needs or wants something as quickly as possible, you are probably better off to go directly to Calvin racing and get whatever you need directly from them.

On the other hand, if you are looking for a much better deal than you can otherwise get on your own and you are not in an immediate hurry, this is likely the best deal you'll be able to find on these great products.

Edited by amx39068 - Apr/17/2012 at 10:27pm
tomslik View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tomslik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/18/2012 at 4:06am

67 american 290/4speed
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
  Share Topic