TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Lounge Area > Upcoming Shows and Events
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

Cactus Classic XIV - Event Date: Apr/10/2015 - Apr/11/2015

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 1.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
CamJam View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CamJam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Calendar Event: Cactus Classic XIV
    Posted: Jan/25/2015 at 2:32pm
This year's Cactus Classic is being held April 10-11, 2015 in conjunction with the "Cruise on Central" at Park Central Mall in central Phoenix.

Cookout on Friday at Dan Curtis' house in Paradise Valley.

Registration form should be available at http://cactuscruisersamc.org within the next 7-10 days.

Edited by CamJam - Jan/25/2015 at 3:30pm
'73 Javelin 360 (current project)
'72 Baja Bronze Javelin SST
'69 Big Bad Orange AMX (2018 Teague Heritage Award) SOLD

azfletch View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote azfletch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/25/2015 at 2:51pm
I will be there with the Blue Rogue Convertible.
Mark Fletcher
72 AMX 401 with 6K original miles.
70 Mark Donohue Javelin, 390 4 speed with 47K miles.
70 AMX, 390 AT, AC Randall car.
67 Rogue Barbados Blue 290 225HP 4 speed convertible 71K miles.
amxdreamer View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amxdreamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/26/2015 at 12:29pm
Cam, any more details on the show? Is the swapmeet on the Saturday along with the show? The Mrs has a few days of holidays left from last year and she loves Vegas, which has cheap flights and rental cars.

How many AMC's are you expecting? I assume you are just tagging onto an existing show?

Safe to say I won't be attending the BBQ!
Tony
Vancouver, BC
1970 AMX
1972 Badassador
AMO#10333
tsanchez View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tsanchez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/26/2015 at 12:42pm
Tony the show is not in Vegas but here in Phoenix, and it is the Cactus Cruiser club show with guys from Vegas and California attending most times. Usually 50-75 cars I think
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amxdreamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/26/2015 at 12:53pm
Tony, I knew it was in Phoenix, rental cars are cheap in Vegas and its only a 5 hour drive...after 6700 miles this summer that's like going out for a loaf of bread and a jug of milk!

50-75 AMC's? I've only driven through Phoenix so it would be cool to check out some cars I have never seen before.
Tony
Vancouver, BC
1970 AMX
1972 Badassador
AMO#10333
SEdmonds View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SEdmonds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/26/2015 at 4:18pm
It's always a nice show. Having it part of a larger cruise in promises to expose the cars to a larger audience, which is great.
69 ambassador 390 View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 69 ambassador 390 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/26/2015 at 6:36pm
And the Ambo should finnaly make an appearance, if I can get it out of it's storage locker and fired up.  Just a couple of days work still to go.
Steve Brown

Algonac, Mi.

69 Ambassador sst 390

84 Grand Wagoneer

69 Cougar XR7

65 Fairlaine 500XL

79 F-350 Super Camper Special

CamJam View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CamJam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/26/2015 at 8:32pm
Cool, Steve...  I look forward to finally seeing it.  I'll bring you those valve covers for you when I come down on Wednesday.

CamJam View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CamJam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/26/2015 at 9:04pm
Originally posted by amxdreamer amxdreamer wrote:

Cam, any more details on the show? Is the swapmeet on the Saturday along with the show? The Mrs has a few days of holidays left from last year and she loves Vegas, which has cheap flights and rental cars.

How many AMC's are you expecting? I assume you are just tagging onto an existing show?

Safe to say I won't be attending the BBQ!

Tony, not much in the way of vendors last year. Just one guy selling some used parts (me) and someone with some labels and collectables. A bit smaller than the Vegas show.  Maybe eight or ten AMXs as I remember.

AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amxdreamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/26/2015 at 9:38pm
Well that sucks, I had heard this show had a decent swap meet.
Tony
Vancouver, BC
1970 AMX
1972 Badassador
AMO#10333
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic