TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Lounge Area > Upcoming Shows and Events
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

Cactus Classic XI, Phoenix, AZ - Event Date: Apr/20/2012 - Apr/22/2012

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 17tamx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/10/2012 at 12:01am
Hi Suzanne, If you make it down the hill for the Cactus Classic XI I think that I can get Terry to bring her car to the show. If she can't maybe Shelby will.

Hope to see you and the family at the show.
Kirk P. Fletcher
70 AMX BBG w/Shadow 390 4sp
71 SC360 Wild Plum Ram Air 4sp
67 Rogue Convert 343 4sp
66 Rogue Hardtop 290 Auto
66 440 Convert 232 Auto
SEdmonds View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SEdmonds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/10/2012 at 10:09am
Kirk - we will definitely be there (as long as it isn't snowing - really - it's supposed to snow this weekend up this way - but the weather is looking good for the weekend of the show).
17tamx View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 17tamx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/20/2012 at 12:47am
We have added a stop to our Friday Afternoon Cruise. We will be traveling to Dan Curtis' AMC Hobby Shop after we tour the Penske Racing Museum and then to my house for the BBQ.
Kirk P. Fletcher
70 AMX BBG w/Shadow 390 4sp
71 SC360 Wild Plum Ram Air 4sp
67 Rogue Convert 343 4sp
66 Rogue Hardtop 290 Auto
66 440 Convert 232 Auto
SEdmonds View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SEdmonds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/20/2012 at 8:47am
Weather looks great for the show (heck - it's going to be 71 up here inthe frozen north). The Wagoneer is loaded and ready to make the trip tomorrow.  See all of you in the morning!
Javelin74 View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Javelin74 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/20/2012 at 10:05am
Going to try to catch part of the show tomorrow and then hopefully make the trip Mesa.  I never got around to patching up the interior and getting the front spoiler back on (with some much needed touch up) thanks to an ever growing "hunny do-list" and ongoing home renovations.  But at least its nice to be driving the Javelin again...
raysinvegas View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote raysinvegas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/20/2012 at 1:02pm
I'm very bummed that I won't be there this year. I just couldn't get my SC/Rambler clone back together in time. My two other drivers BOTH have blown head gaskets. I'm going to hit the garage until one of the other drivers is fixed. I hope you friends have a great show, and I'll see you soon. Unhappy
Andy Ray
64 440H
64 440 Convertible
68 Javelin SST 343
69 Javelin SST 343
69 SC/Rambler
amxdreamer View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amxdreamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/20/2012 at 2:26pm
Sounds like a good time! Don't forget to take lots of pictures and post them!
Tony
Vancouver, BC
1970 AMX
1972 Badassador
AMO#10333
FSJunkie View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FSJunkie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/21/2012 at 11:11pm
Show was great, darn near had heat stoke from not being used to the heat, but ignoring that it was good fun. 

I unfortunately had mechanical issues on the drive back and had to limp along at 45 MPH with the A/C off, as the people in the lovely orange Matador could see.Big smile
1955 Packard
1966 Marlin
1972 Wagoneer
1973 Ambassador
1977 Hornet
1982 Concord D/L
1984 Eagle Limited
SEdmonds View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SEdmonds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/22/2012 at 12:38am
It was a great show, and it's always fun to meet old friends and make new ones...BUT it was really nice to feel the cool mountain air of Flagstaff.

The Wagoneer has a sort of interesting glitch to it - I am sure Matt will sort it out, but we did have to drop the speed down while pulling up the Mogollon. It's good to sort this stuff out now, rather than somewhere between Needles and Barstow come June.

The Flying Wombat looks just as sharp moving as it does sitting, BTW.

We also watched a near wreck - a vehicle towing another vehicle on a trailer just about lost it right behind us - it was a nasty case of wag the dog and the tail just about won.
amx39068 View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amx39068 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/22/2012 at 8:58am
A couple of pictures from our show. It was pretty darn hot but a good time was had by all:

Dan Curtis-Owner and CEO AZ AMC Restorations; Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/amcmusclecars/ & Curtis Real Estate Development
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic