TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Lounge Area > Upcoming Shows and Events
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

Cactus Classic XI, Phoenix, AZ - Event Date: Apr/20/2012 - Apr/22/2012

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 17tamx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Calendar Event: Cactus Classic XI, Phoenix, AZ
    Posted: Jan/20/2012 at 12:50pm
Cactus Cruisers AMC will be hosting their Eleventh Annual Cactus Classic AMC Car Show. The dates are Friday, April 20th through Sunday, April 22nd, 2012. We will be starting with a caravan from the host hotel (Embassy Suites North) over towards Scottsdale to the Penske Racing Museum. After visiting the Museum we will be traveling over to my house for a club hosted BBQ. The Show will be Saturday at the parking lot at the North Hills Church of God followed by a Saturday evening cruise to Mesa Riverside. We will finish with our Sunday morning no-host buffet at the Host hotel. I am posting our one page flyer, our two page flyer and our application form.

We have moved our date from the second Saturday of April to the third Saturday of April so our event would not conflict with Mopars at the Strip in Las Vegas.

We now have 16 classes to choose from. This show is for all vehicles manufactured by AMC, Rambler, Nash, Hudson, Eagle & Jeep. 

I hope to see anyone who can make it.

Edited by 17tamx - Jan/20/2012 at 3:06pm
Kirk P. Fletcher
70 AMX BBG w/Shadow 390 4sp
71 SC360 Wild Plum Ram Air 4sp
67 Rogue Convert 343 4sp
66 Rogue Hardtop 290 Auto
66 440 Convert 232 Auto
SEdmonds View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SEdmonds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/20/2012 at 1:04pm
Kirk - we are hoping to make it down the hill this year.  The weather, as always, is a big factor for us.  I don't know if Rita will be ready - today we are taking the roof rails and rack off, removing the headliner (pray for us), and seeing what evil is going on with that leak.  We're going to have the roof repainted (we opted not to do it before as it was in decent shape and I did not want to mess with the headliner).
bikerfox View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bikerfox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/21/2012 at 12:25am
Kirk,

The socalamx group is dying to know if the Catcus Cruisers are planning on coming to the Socalamx show this May....we hope to see more of you this year!

Edited by bikerfox - Jan/21/2012 at 12:42am
1969 Rebel SST (1970-1987)
1968 AMX (2005-2011)
1969 SC/Rambler (2011-2019)
1970 Javelin (2019 to ?)"Jane"
17tamx View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 17tamx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/21/2012 at 1:55am
Hi Steve, I would like to make it over this year for the All AMC Car Show on May 19th. Since I work 14 hour days during the peak Automotive A/C Season doing Dealer Sales calls and evening A/C Training clinics I will be out of town from next week till the end of June. I try to go home most weekends and I try to work my schedule so I can be close to were the AMC Car Shows are located. I am not always able to attend. May 18th I will be flying out of Billings, MT back to Phoenix for the weekend and Sunday night I will be flying back up to Billings. If I make it to the car show I will most likely be driving my wifes Pontiac G8 instead of the AMX. I am still fighting my engine oil leak problem on the AMX and I will be leaving my truck in Billings so I won't be able to tow the AMX over. if I make it over I just am not going to have the time to do the whole weekend. I missed last year because of my work schedule as well. I have lots of time once July is over but from February to June I am covering my 13 states every week solid.

I will be promoting the show with our club members and I will send out the flyers once I have them.
I hope that several of our members will be making it over for the show since it is always a great weekend event.

Kirk P. Fletcher
70 AMX BBG w/Shadow 390 4sp
71 SC360 Wild Plum Ram Air 4sp
67 Rogue Convert 343 4sp
66 Rogue Hardtop 290 Auto
66 440 Convert 232 Auto
amxdreamer View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amxdreamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/21/2012 at 1:22pm
What sucks about all these shows is you guys need the shows to be early in the year for "cooler" weather but that's right when our weather is touch and go so getting there usually doesn't work :(
Tony
Vancouver, BC
1970 AMX
1972 Badassador
AMO#10333
SEdmonds View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SEdmonds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/21/2012 at 3:03pm
Tony, I am only 120 miles from Phoenix, but April is touch as go for us as we are at 6,800 feet above sea level.  Right now, instead of being at Barrett Jackson, I am watching a blizzard out my front window...
SEdmonds View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SEdmonds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/05/2012 at 10:21am
I've put a link up for this on our little fledgling AMCRC Grand Canyon Chapter website.
I will beat the drum to get as many Ramblers there for you as I can - maybe even some Jeeps!

machida4836 View Drop Down
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote machida4836 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/09/2012 at 3:24am
Originally posted by SEdmonds SEdmonds wrote:

Tony, I am only 120 miles from Phoenix, but April is touch as go for us as we are at 6,800 feet above sea level.  Right now, instead of being at Barrett Jackson, I am watching a blizzard out my front window...

The information is very interesting. 

Edited by machida4836 - Apr/09/2012 at 3:25am
SportaboutX View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SportaboutX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/09/2012 at 3:30am
Originally posted by 17tamx 17tamx wrote:

If I make it to the car show I will most likely be driving my wifes Pontiac G8 instead of the AMX.

Kirk, any chance I could take a look at the G8 if you bring it? Pretty much my favorite modern vehicle bar none, and looking into buying one if they ever decide to depreciate, which as I am sure you know they basically have not, even first year base 6 cyl ex renta-car ones with 70k miles bring 18k+ LOL.

Edited by SportaboutX - Apr/09/2012 at 3:32am
SEdmonds View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SEdmonds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/09/2012 at 10:15am
The entry for Matt's Wagoneer just went out in the mail. We will be down there - just not sure how many cars we'll have.

Edited by SEdmonds - Apr/09/2012 at 10:16am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic