TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Lounge Area > General AMC chat > General AMC Chat Australian Edition
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

Buy Swap Sell

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8283848586 90>
Author
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ausrambler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/03/2017 at 5:31am
Great to hear Gary, well done.
SirDigger View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SirDigger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/24/2017 at 2:17am
There is an auction down under, that has some prett nice Hudsons, Ramblers and AMC´s for sale.

http://www.theclemsmithcollection.com.au/the-cars.html

Damn, i´d like to have that Terraplane Racecar.
SirDigger&his german Friends are looking for Parts http://theamcforum.com/forum/the-german-amc-forum-ambassadorsirdigger-needs_topic83570.html
1970 Javelin SST 304
1970 Javelin SST 360
70Hornet View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 70Hornet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/24/2017 at 6:15pm
Having seen in person the 55 Hudson, 70Javelin, American, and Cross Country wagon at the Australian AMC/Rambler show they all near mint cars. But that Terraplane Special Racecar is also my pick. There is some info on that car on Page 6 of the Australian AMC Motorsport thread from before Clem bought it.

That's the good thing with forum's is you can fairly easily go back through the old pages for all the interesting information they provide. Facebook pages, that most seem to get into their little groups and use now make that near impossible and unless the item of interest is 'now' it gets lost for others to see and learn from down the track (plus you seem to have to scan through a whole lot of funny cat videos lol). The forum provides as good an historical document as you are going to get these days.

Edited by 70Hornet - Jun/24/2017 at 6:19pm
DPS View Drop Down
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DPS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/29/2017 at 8:05pm
Hi all, quick update on the proposed 68/69 Javelin tail light builds by Gary.

I was able to procure via ebay a set of second hand housings and lenses (in better condition than mine) for a very reasonable price. I'll be sending them up to Gary to use as a reference.

I could probably make up an almost perfect set of lenses if I did some "cut and paste" of them with those on my Jav.

I've contacted Gary but he has a lot on his plate at the moment and has asked me to hold fire until he clears his current work load. This could be late July, maybe August.

Cheers Darren 
RUMBLR View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RUMBLR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/07/2017 at 6:19am
I would be very interested in new lenses for 68 Javelin.
I also have an older set on the shelf to use as a template if required (they do have some cracks which is why i want new)
343 904 M20 - 11.83@115
aussie rambler View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aussie rambler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/10/2017 at 9:49pm
im going for he 64 americanSmile

bloody mongral bastard ramblers....lol..
RUMBLR View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RUMBLR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/10/2017 at 7:44am
Any update on the Javelin tail light lenses before i order the PG repops?

343 904 M20 - 11.83@115
DPS View Drop Down
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DPS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/10/2017 at 7:57am
Hi RUMBLR, I've had no contact from Gary since late June. Been meaning to follow up but have been busy. They will be probably be at least 6 months from being available anyway as Gary doesn't have the sample lenses yet.
Cheers
Darren
RUMBLR View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RUMBLR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/11/2017 at 4:08am
No problems - thanks for the reply.
343 904 M20 - 11.83@115
70Hornet View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 70Hornet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/13/2017 at 3:52pm
If anyone is in the market for a mint Australian Rebel have a look at the Rebel on the Shannons Melbourne Auction on 27th November. Wow! What a neat car Smile
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8283848586 90>
  Share Topic