TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Lounge Area > General AMC chat > General AMC Chat Australian Edition
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

Buy Swap Sell

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8081828384 90>
Author
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 70Hornet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/12/2016 at 5:42am

Someone asked me about a 343 some time ago. Can't remember who it was but there is a brand new NOS 343 on ebay at the moment. I have seen one of these for sale before. Maybe the same one?

70Hornet View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 70Hornet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/10/2016 at 1:45pm
Hi Everyone

Wayne Williams just sent me this ebay link for brand new paint code stickers. PERFECT for your AMI Rambler Hornet/Matador/Javelin/Matador or any number of Aussie AMI assembled Ramblers.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/AMI-Lustrelife-paint-colour-decal-Safety-Wattle-Corolla-Corona-Crown-/131984035770?&_trksid=p2056016.m2518.l4276
WesternRed View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WesternRed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/10/2016 at 2:37pm
That's pretty cool.
70Hornet View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 70Hornet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/11/2016 at 3:31am
Originally posted by 70Hornet 70Hornet wrote:

Hi Everyone

Wayne Williams just sent me this ebay link for brand new paint code stickers. PERFECT for your AMI Rambler Hornet/Matador/Javelin/Matador or any number of Aussie AMI assembled Ramblers.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/AMI-Lustrelife-paint-colour-decal-Safety-Wattle-Corolla-Corona-Crown-/131984035770?&_trksid=p2056016.m2518.l4276
Had a chat with the guy who does these and they are looking at doing as many of the AMI colours as possible. So if you want a new reproduction paint label for your AMI assembled Rambler these are the go. And at $7.50 is a great price
Gary is his name and was a great bloke to talk to and can be reached on sales@toyotaheritage.com

He is also interested in any AMI colour charts, pics of cars with these colours, and parts that were interchangeable from Toyota/Triumph/Rambler etc
A great little finishing touch to that restoration of your Rambler

Edited by 70Hornet - Nov/11/2016 at 3:36am
76 Matador View Drop Down
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 76 Matador Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/01/2016 at 10:00pm
Hi members, Im looking for a grille and headlight surrounds for the 76 Matador and front turn signal lamps.Id also like four of the side turn signal repeater lamps if anyone can help, please.
Very best wishes to all for a Happy, safe and enjoyable Christmas and New Year.
401MATCOUPE View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 401MATCOUPE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/02/2016 at 4:26am
Originally posted by 76 Matador 76 Matador wrote:

Hi members, Im looking for a grille and headlight surrounds for the 76 Matador and front turn signal lamps.Id also like four of the side turn signal repeater lamps if anyone can help, please.
Very best wishes to all for a Happy, safe and enjoyable Christmas and New Year.

2 door or 4 door??  They are very different.
Ross K. Peterson
68X,GoPac,343,AT,52A(1stCar)
68X,GoPac,390,4sp,52A
69X,GoPac,390,4sp,64A
70X,GoPac,390,4sp,87A,8
70X,GoPac,390,4sp,BBO,8
70 Jav SST,390,AT,BSO
74MatX,401,AT,Prototype
74MatX,401,AT
70Hornet View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 70Hornet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/13/2016 at 6:40am
Hi everyone. Does anyone have a new replacement or second hand left hand lower 1/4 repair section at all for a Hornet sedan? (2 door post would be the same) Or one that can be cut off a wreck that is in good condition. Started stripping paint and found my lower left 1/4 is just fibreglass and bog any help or leads would be great. I have a good inner section but no outer to work with. Thanks. Jason
WesternRed View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WesternRed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/31/2017 at 6:16pm
Just picked up a rusty Matador sedan, not much left on it (no running gear), does anybody need anything before it goes off to Sims Metal to be turned into a Hyundai?

70Hornet View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 70Hornet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/09/2017 at 8:15am
For Hornet owners interest Gary Hunt who has been making some AMI decals (original paint decals, tin body plates etc) for our cars is looking at doing the 70/71 Hornet rear lenses in the not too distant future (for Australian and US market) as well as the AMI guard badges inserts

To show some interest and ask any questions don't hesitate to contact him through his website;

www.toyotaheritage.com

or phone him on 0416645334

He has been making rare Toyota lenses and parts (with great success and quality) and is focusing on the many unique AMI parts. His interest in AMC's and the Hornet lenses stems from this. Feel free to contact him and register your interest in the lenses and AMI badges and ask about any other parts he may have in the pipeline for our cars. Great to see this sort of stuff happening now

Edited by 70Hornet - May/09/2017 at 3:55pm
DPS View Drop Down
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DPS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/24/2017 at 8:19pm
Hi everyone, my first post so be kind.
I've just purchased a 1969 Javelin (Australian build) and now eagerly waiting for a couple of parts to get it roadworthy, so exciting times!

One issue with the car is that the tail lights are cracked - normally making the car unroadworthy. Fortunately Phil from GrandPhil Motors is going to pass them but it did get me scouring the internet for replacements. And, as I guess you have all found, they are as rare as hen's teeth and even if found cost an arm and leg.

So I thought I would follow up Gary Hunt as suggested by 70Hornet (thanks). He response was positive and I sent him photos of a used RHS lense I'm 'watching' on eBay so he could make an assessment. It's a steal at a mere $175 US, plus postage.

He's now asked for the dimensions and how many of the AMI cars had this type of lense. I'll check the web for the dimensions (my car is not at my house and I'm sure the bloody things will fall apart if I try to remove them) and also 68/69 build numbers (I'll include the US as I'm sure there would be a market there for him).

He also said that ultimately he will need some good originals to work with and asked if i would be able to get support/assistance from fellow Javelin owners. So could you let me know if you are interested please.

Thanks
Darren

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8081828384 90>
  Share Topic