TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Lounge Area > General AMC chat > General AMC Chat Australian Edition
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

Buy Swap Sell

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7980818283 90>
Author
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OzJavelin2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/16/2015 at 4:35pm
Originally posted by Oz_Bren Oz_Bren wrote:

I'll soon be donating the running gear and dash from my complete 72 Matador to a 70 Javelin so will be left with a stack of Matador parts. If you need Matador parts let me know what you want and how much you want to pay for it via PM. All panels are rust free and straight, all glass is good, it has brand new NOS interior - factory brown vinyl seat covers - front lower, rear lower and upper, 4 new door trims all just removed from plastic wrappings for the first time since the 70's. If you want this as a rolling shell that would be ideal but it will be missing engine, gearbox, tailshaft, radiator and most of the dash. It can be viewed as a complete running car with lights, windows etc working over the next few weeks.

Grab the front brakes too .. you might want them for your Jav.

Goodluck with the wrecking.  Hopefully things have changed from my experience a few years ago ..

I gave away free any parts from a '72 matador (hit in rear qtr but nice car otherwise) after I took most the mechanicals.  Not one person bothered.  I stripped all the small stuff I could be bothered with and the rest went to the scrap metal merchants - very sad. 

One day I saw a '72 Matador outside a house and stopped to talk to the owner as I noticed it had a damaged grille.  I ended up giving him all the small parts I had saved .. including a perfect grille.

Oz_Bren View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oz_Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/16/2015 at 9:54pm
Don't think much has changed, only the enquiry about the interior and nothing else..LOL oh well I'll get what I need from it. Wish Javelin parts were being given away like this..

Anyway, I have a wanted list for the Aussie built 70 Javelin i got on the weekend, if anyone here can help that would save me importing awkward pieces from the states..

Need:

-Front bumper (anyone know if fiberglass bumpers are legal in NSW? everything is plastic these days so surely should be OK?)
-Front sheet metal grille support
-Rear tail lights, all three sections, frame and lens
-Chrome strips for around the front and rear windows and along the top of doors
-Licence plate mount for rear 
-Bonnet hinges
Oz_Bren View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oz_Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/06/2015 at 1:36am
I'll be cutting up the 72 Matador shell next weekend to send to scrap. Let me know if you need any panels/pillars.
Aus69Jav View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aus69Jav Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/06/2015 at 10:12pm

Wanted - RHS side horn for 69 Javelin. Not sure if it is low or high tone. My RHS horn was missing when i purchased the car.  Hope Rebel or Matador may have the same part.
Any leads appreciated.

WesternRed View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WesternRed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/21/2016 at 5:14am
For those who are not on facebook, it looks like the Gosford Museum is looking to offload most of the John Ivey collection they purchased a couple of years ago. Pretty steep prices on most of the cars, contact 74Gremx or myself if you want the details or chase up the museum direct.

Pictures of most of the cars can be found here:

http://www.ramblercarclubofwa.asn.au/2013_rambler_museum/event.htm
ryder6330 View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ryder6330 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/14/2016 at 6:43pm
Thinking of selling my 70 rebel parts.
Running gear was rebuilt about 30000miles ago.
Urethane rear suspension bushes and he boxed lower control arms.
Rear brakes will be in good shape.
Bw auto rebuilt as well as torque converter.
Engine rebuilt. 1970 360. STD bore, STD pistons. Rings bearings water pump timing cover distributor were all replaced. Edelbrock cam. Double timing chain. Halley dual plane intake. Holley carb heads were rebuilt, new seats and guides etc
Very strong motor, needs a little tuning as it stumbles a little off idle. Was balanced and with a hei dizzy would probably run 6000rpm easy.
Located in Victoria.
Also have full set nos gauges have done about 30000 miles. Speeds fuel and temp. Also working clock.

Motor can be heard running. Still in car.

Open to offers.
Amx nz View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amx nz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/31/2016 at 11:10pm
Hi guys     I'm looking for a 69 Aussie AMX insterment cluster front wood face and plastic rings for the dash in the MAD MAX AMX as this part was not in the boxes of stuff I got with this car or has someone made up anything that will work

Much appreciated for anyone's help in this matter

Begging, borrowing ,stealing or buying

Thanks

Doug
Mad max # 15
76 Matador View Drop Down
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 76 Matador Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/18/2016 at 12:35am
Hi guys, Im seeking the front turn signal lamp lenses (or full lamp assy) for my 76 Matador and Id like to know what complete tail lamp assys there may be available. Id also like to source the turn signal side repeater lamps for both front and rear guards on both sides. Oh, while Im at it Id love some new wheel arch mouldings!  All su8ggestions most welcome.
Thanks
John

PS I was blown away by the amount of hyelp I received form Colin Main when I was searching for a radiator. He located and sent me a NOS complete 3 core radiator.    Oh, by the way, it sounds aesome now its running again ;)
PartyOn View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PartyOn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/20/2016 at 9:16pm
Hi all.

Hope this finds everyone well! Its been an up and down year for me and the Pacer and regrettably/ sadly due to family circumstances I am going to have to give her up Cry! I thought I would post on here first to try to keep it in the Aussie AMC family. Progress has still been slow getting her on the road but at the minute 85% of the work is done. Almost all the engineering work is done its just the tail lights that need some work (the issue with this at the moment is the NSS switch in the transmission has been giving me trouble i.e it starts in any gear and the reversing lights are not working. Have bought 3 new ones but all have failed) Send me a message if interested and we can have a conversation. Just in case the car is 1975 AMC Pacer X 258 motor.

Thanks Lyndon.
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia

1975 AMC Pacer X
70Hornet View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 70Hornet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/24/2016 at 5:16am
Hi Lyndon. Hope the Pacer goes to a good home mate. And that circumstances lead to getting it back one day like I did with my Hornet. Twice!! Smile. jase

Edited by 70Hornet - Jul/25/2016 at 5:39am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7980818283 90>
  Share Topic