TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Garage > AMC V8 Engine Repair and Modifications
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

Bultear

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Forum Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote billd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/31/2017 at 9:14am
Originally posted by 6PakBee 6PakBee wrote:

Originally posted by 74Bubblefender 74Bubblefender wrote:

I told you there would be a wait on that adaptor. It is something we do not stock. Have not gotten a message from anyone in our building that you called. And I think you emailed today but its a holiday weekend and nobody is working until tuesday. Hours later here we are. I am texting from my couch to calm the nerve of a guy emailing on a saturday when we are not open. Sorry there is a wait. Will gladly refund anyone. Threats to dispute a payment get an instant refund on an order.

Hmm.  I refer to the OP's initial statements.

"Placed an order over two months ago and nothing? At least I got nothing. They had my money since October 24th. Three weeks ago I was told a few more days?  Now no replies."

Order placed "two months ago".  Payment made "October 24th".  Yesterday was December 30.  That is two months easily.  It seems to me that there are multiple concepts of time.  For example, what is a "wait"?  A week?  A month?  A year?  And then the statement that "Three weeks ago I was told a few more days".  What is a "few"?  One? Seven?  Thirty?

There is such a thing as scheduling and giving people accurate shipping times.  But it really sounds more and more like this is a "we'll get to it when we get to it" operation.  And that is disheartening.  Maybe a bit more organization and less attitude and there would be no need to text people on weekends from a couch. 

Good post - and although I agree, one should not have to make notes on dates and times when placing an order, then making a first follow-up call or email. If we had to approach every single transaction as if "I know there will be trouble so I'll note the date and time down to the second and keep exacting notes" - what a shame.
So I do agree with you  but there's a reason people use "about three weeks ago" - because so few of us feel the need when ordering or making a follow-up call to take detailed notes.
Ah, but maybe we should for each thing we do..... it would have come in handy for me and our heat pump fiasco where it ran into "almost a year" and a complaint to the BBB asked for exact dates, who said or did what and when, on what date, etc. Do we really track all that for everything?
Maybe we should?
purple72Gremlin View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted
Charter Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote purple72Gremlin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/31/2017 at 9:41am
All I can say is this. When you start getting a reputation for poor service, people will not buy, and when you can't sell...How do you make money?   Matt, you need to hire people to get the service a priority. And this has been an ongoing problem.
gremlinsteve View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gremlinsteve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/31/2017 at 2:35pm
Communication is the key to success

Buzzman72 View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Buzzman72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/31/2017 at 10:51pm
As I understand things-- and I may be wrong-- Matt at Bulltear does other work as a primary business. It's only because Matt himself is involved in the AMC hobby that he manufactures and sells AMC parts. That's my understanding.

Unlike Galvan's (for example), Bulltear does AMC as a sideline. So in some respects it's a bit presumptive to suggest he put his bread-and-butter business on hold to do an AMC project.

On the other hand, as an observer I've seen that communications about delivery time frames seem to come up often as a problem. Instead of fixing the blame, fixing the problem could be as simple as doing follow-ups on special orders and the contact being initiated by the seller rather than by the buyer. I believe it's called "being Pro-Active."

I've never bought from Matt so I have no first hand experience. But I've been a parts manager, and I know that sometimes delays are unavoidable. In those cases,communication can work wonders. You may not please 100% of the people 100% of the time, but you can bet your posterior that a dissatisfied customer will tell twice as many people as a satisfied customer.

I don't have a dog in this fight. I'm just commenting based upon my 40+ years in retail and wholesale parts sales. A little respect for the customer's time can buy a ton of goodwill.
Buzzman72...void where prohibited, your mileage may vary, objects in mirror may be closer than they appear, and alcohol may intensify any side effects.
sweatlock View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sweatlock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/01/2018 at 12:48pm
Bulltear's parts are great - I bought one of their timing sprocket covers and an oil dipstick tube and both were excellent. Other than reconditioning an original cover (welding, machining, etc., and who offers that service?) I'm not sure what the alternative is. And the current crop of cheap oil dipstick tubes from other suppliers just don't fit and I'm not sure how you would get them to fit - I tried everything and failed miserably. It baffles me that anyone could still manufacture these and state that they fit when they so obviously don't. So I bought one from Bulltear and it fit perfectly. Again, fast-forward 10, 20 years and I'm not sure what the alternatives will be.

74Bubblefender View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted
Charter Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 74Bubblefender Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/01/2018 at 12:57pm
Originally posted by purple72Gremlin purple72Gremlin wrote:

All I can say is this. When you start getting a reputation for poor service, people will not buy, and when you can't sell...How do you make money?   Matt, you need to hire people to get the service a priority. And this has been an ongoing problem.

We have been solving this problem lately. We have two more on staff to help the AMC orders. The rest of the comments are assumptions of how we operate and are not accurate. 2018 will be a much different year.
We are just about to forge new AMC V8 crankshafts.. please check here
http://www.bulltear.com/forums/showthread.php?19564
purple72Gremlin View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted
Charter Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote purple72Gremlin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/01/2018 at 1:00pm

Originally posted by purple72Gremlin purple72Gremlin wrote:

We have been solving this problem lately. We have two more on staff to help the AMC orders. The rest of the comments are assumptions of how we operate and are not accurate. 2018 will be a much different year.
I hope so .
jpnjim View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpnjim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/01/2018 at 4:41pm

]We have been solving this problem lately. We have two more on staff to help the AMC orders. The rest of the comments are assumptions of how we operate and are not accurate. 2018 will be a much different year.

Thanks for trying to address it Matt.
71 P-code 4spd Javelin/AMX
some Jeeps and some Fords
LakesideRamblin View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LakesideRamblin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/01/2018 at 5:41pm
Good deal Matt. Hope it goes well. You're playing to a tough crowd. It's not easy running a small biz. Hopefully, your tweaks will be a win/win. Happy new year.
LakesideRamblin
69 Rambler 360
73 Javelin 360
"If you could kick the person in the pants responsible for most of your trouble, you wouldn't sit for a month." T. Roosevelt
gremlinsteve View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gremlinsteve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/01/2018 at 6:59pm
Amc guys are not a tough crowd in my opinion
We all get along well

If you want to know what a tough crowd is like go get into the modern platforms
Like the late model hemis and fords coyotes. Or even that lsx crowd

Them folks can be just plain rude at times
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic