TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Trading Post: Sale, wanted, vendors,shipping > For Sale
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

Built AMC 401 and 727 +extras

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cosbysweater Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Built AMC 401 and 727 +extras
    Posted: Jan/19/2020 at 6:16pm
I will consider splitting up this package.

This combo was just removed from my 1974 AMC Gremlin. The previous owner had the engine and transmission professionally built with the finest parts available and has only a few hundred miles on it. This engine and trans combo worked great when it was in the Gremlin and will drop right into various AMC vehicles from this era. I am basically including EVERYTHING to make this engine and trans combo bolt right into your Gremlin. Engine mounts are not included but are readily available. Minor chipping on the flex plate but it does not affect anything. Specs below.

360 block
Forged 401 crank and rods
Custom JE pistons 10.0 to 1 compression
Edelbrock Performer 401 aluminum heads
ARP head bolts
Dual beehive springs and hardened push rods
Comp Cams valvetrain
Edelbrock Performer intake
Oil pump mid plate and standard AMC oiling mods done
Comp Cams custom grind camshaft
Flamethrower distributor
Stock accessory drive and brackets (alt, power steering pump, water pump)
Built 727 transmission w/torque converter and speedo cable for stock AMC speedometer
MSD starter
MSD 6al2
Lokar kickdown cable
Trans temp sensor plumbed to the trans
Custom drop in aluminum radiator with 2 speed e-fan and shroud
Coolant hoses
Drive shaft custom made to bolt to a Ford Ranger 8.8 rear end
2.5" dual exhaust that bolts onto a Gremlin with supplied hangers
Also comes with mechanical fan and custom shroud

I have videos of this engine running, the valve train operating with the valve covers removed, and me draining the oil and transmission fluid when I removed the engine from the car. I am willing to ship this in a crate for the right price.

As stated willing to separate but will make a great deal for all of it.

5500usd

https://monterey.craigslist.org/pts/d/seaside-amc-401-engine-and-727/7047002493.html?lang=en&cc=gb

Original sale add with more pictures

https://youtu.be/u9KiXsaGt40

Video of it running

Pm me with anymore questions

Edited by cosbysweater - Feb/11/2020 at 2:21pm
cosbysweater View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cosbysweater Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/20/2020 at 8:50pm
Emails responded too
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cosbysweater Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/05/2020 at 11:44pm
Due to questions in the pms I pulled the pan to post pictures on here confirming it's a 401 also to show the pistons. Thank you

rsrguy3 View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rsrguy3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/08/2020 at 9:04am
Amazing deal! 
javguy
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cosbysweater Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/11/2020 at 2:20pm
Thanks! Price keeps getting better, willing to deal! I need space in my garage!
matador401 View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote matador401 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/11/2020 at 3:49pm
Location?
73 matador 401 69 amx drag car 71 ambassador 4 dr                   
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cosbysweater Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/11/2020 at 5:20pm
Location is, Monterey California, 93940
n2ojoe View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote n2ojoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/11/2020 at 6:12pm
What bore is the 360 block currently, a standard 4.08"? 
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cosbysweater Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/11/2020 at 6:22pm
it's using a 401 rotating assembly, speaking with the original owner, it appears to be standard bore size for the 401. I will call him again just to confirm so there is no misinformation. Thanks for the questions and interest

Edited by cosbysweater - Feb/11/2020 at 6:37pm
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cosbysweater Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/14/2020 at 8:10pm
Okay so I spoke with the original owner again, going to have to contact the engine builder about the camshaft specs, so the cylinder heads are untouched, it's got a 401 crank and rods and a standard 360 bore so a 4.08, but it has custom pistons to accept the 401 crank and rods. So by my math it's a 385. If there is any misunderstanding I apologize I am fairly new to these AMC engines.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic