TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Garage > AMC 6 Cylinder Engine Repair and Modifications
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

budget 258 rebuild

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 111213
Author
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheBirdman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Today at 10:02am
All things being (sorta close to) equal, the simplest way is always the best.

Anyways, I had someone move the throttle linkange to full and checked on the TV arm, and there was still about a quarter inch to go. So, I had to add even more length to the linkage rod. Funny how so many places say to set it at idle, when setting it at idle can be so far off from setting it at full throttle.

I havent tested it out yet, because when I took the rear wheels off to replace the brake drums, I found that the wheel cylinders are all crudded up and leaking. Guess that explains the double pump brakes. Ill fix up the brakes today and try it out on this adjustment. Boy, it would really be useful to have a tach when working on shift linkages.
1983 Eagle 4 door
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 111213
  Share Topic