TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Garage > Body/Interior
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

Bucket seats...Gremlin/Hornet

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrotherBamc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bucket seats...Gremlin/Hornet
    Posted: Nov/09/2018 at 8:17pm
Just purchased some CRAP bucket seats off of FEEBAY that I am not too happy about. Mainly not happy with the seller. But that's another story for a different time. Angry
I purchased these for the drivers side bottom seat frame, as the ones that I purchased years ago have a bad bottom seat frame. The ones that I just got are in a little better shape, but the drivers seat frame is still un-usable to me. And I asked the seller if the bottoms were in good shape. He stated that they were. 
The frame is bent all to crap. 
Now that I have 2 good passenger side seat bottom frames, can they be switched? 
Can I use one of the good passenger side for the driver's side that I need...??? 
Or am I just screwed out of 250 bucks and stuck with more junk that I can't use...??? Ouch
77 CJ5 360
73 Gremlin 401 4 speed
2006 Dodge Magnum R/T AWD
My Garage
PROSTOCKTOM View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PROSTOCKTOM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/09/2018 at 10:50pm
Originally posted by BrotherBamc BrotherBamc wrote:

Just purchased some CRAP bucket seats off of FEEBAY that I am not too happy about. Mainly not happy with the seller. But that's another story for a different time. Angry
I purchased these for the drivers side bottom seat frame, as the ones that I purchased years ago have a bad bottom seat frame. The ones that I just got are in a little better shape, but the drivers seat frame is still un-usable to me. And I asked the seller if the bottoms were in good shape. He stated that they were. 
The frame is bent all to crap. 
Now that I have 2 good passenger side seat bottom frames, can they be switched? 
Can I use one of the good passenger side for the driver's side that I need...??? 
Or am I just screwed out of 250 bucks and stuck with more junk that I can't use...??? Ouch
Return them and get your money back. Even if the seller stated No Returns you can still get your money back on the deal.

Tom

partsguy View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote partsguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/09/2018 at 10:53pm
if they are not as described,you can get your money back,
Samuelsc360 View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Samuelsc360 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/10/2018 at 9:58am
Yes, the passenger side bottoms and the driver's side bottoms are interchangeable.
1971 SC360
1973 Ambassador Sedan 360
1973 Hornet X 360
1973 Javelin AMC 401
1975 Sportabout X 258
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic