TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Lounge Area > General AMC chat > In Memoriam
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

Bruce Nottingham

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Schwalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bruce Nottingham
    Posted: Jul/28/2011 at 10:30pm
For those of you who may not have heard, Bruce Nottingham passed away at his home about a month ago. Bruce was a die hard AMC fan and the original owner/driver of SS/AMX #26 that campaigned as "Trippin the Lights Fantastic" and then "The Sheriff of Nottingham." Bruce also worked with Craig Breedlove. I know some of you knew Bruce and wanted to pass the word on. He was a great friend of mine and will be truely missed.

Scott
Scott
64 American Convertible 360 5sp
http://www.schwallers.com/AMCpage.htm
Maxiblue1973 View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maxiblue1973 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/28/2011 at 10:34pm
Sorry for your loss. 
will333 View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote will333 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/29/2011 at 5:15am
Sorry to hear the news. I met Bruce back in the late 90's in IA. He was a great host at his home and a great guide in his garage where he showed my friends and me the Sheriff car and few rare Areo body parts he had up in the rafters. Told a few stories about the past.  Really nice guy.
1968 AMX 390 Automatic
Turbo Silver outside,
red on the inside
"The Orbiter"

A Scott Campbell restoration
CloudyB View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CloudyB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/29/2011 at 5:56am
He will be greatly Missed.  
70 BB Green Donohue
Chisam View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chisam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/29/2011 at 10:34am
Sorry to to hear about Bruce. I did get to meet him at the Gordy Chilson show when his car was there. He seemed like a real nice guy. He talked about his car a little and my brother and I got our picture taken with him. I am glad I was able to have the chance to meet him.  
1968 AMX 390 4SP
piper View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/29/2011 at 11:55am
Bruce was such an inspiration to those in the AMC community for several decades beginning in the sixties, right through to current day.  In many conversations I have had, I understand that those who knew Bruce say he was always willing to provide guidance when they looked to him for help. 

He was a true pioneer for the AMC community and he will be missed.

Nathan
purple72Gremlin View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted
Charter Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote purple72Gremlin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/17/2011 at 11:12am
Originally posted by Schwalls Schwalls wrote:

For those of you who may not have heard, Bruce Nottingham passed away at his home about a month ago. Bruce was a die hard AMC fan and the original owner/driver of SS/AMX #26 that campaigned as "Trippin the Lights Fantastic" and then "The Sheriff of Nottingham." Bruce also worked with Craig Breedlove. I know some of you knew Bruce and wanted to pass the word on. He was a great friend of mine and will be truely missed.

Scott
I didnt know..............and Im really sorry to hear this Scott.
401MATCOUPE View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 401MATCOUPE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/17/2011 at 11:33am
Bruce was a very long time fantastic guy...here is the Craig Breedlove connection.  I was asked and did restore the 1968 Car Craft Javelin Speed Spectacular at Bonneville Car #2 (Driven by Craig Breedlove), in researching the car, I talked to Bruce and he indicated he was involved in the race efforts.  Look in almost any 1968 Car Craft, the contest was a pick of entries on how to make the Javelin go the fastest.  One of the nine winners to tune the cars was Bruce Nottingham...so began the relationship, Bruce and Craig worked on several AMC projects together.  This is how Bruce ended up with the Aero parts from Breedloves efforts at Bonneville.  The whole AMC World has experienced a great loss of a dedicated AMC fan/racer and all around knowledgeable man...RIP.  I hope his family understands what he meant to all of us.  My sincere condolences.
Ross K. Peterson
68X,GoPac,343,AT,52A(1stCar)
68X,GoPac,390,4sp,52A
69X,GoPac,390,4sp,64A
70X,GoPac,390,4sp,87A,8
70X,GoPac,390,4sp,BBO,8
70 Jav SST,390,AT,BSO
74MatX,401,AT,Prototype
74MatX,401,AT
Schwalls View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Schwalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/27/2011 at 9:56pm
I have done some updating to my website and have put some links to old pictures of Bruce from his racing days. I hope you enjoy.

Bruce Nottingham

Check out the "Additional Pictures" link. There are a lot of old pics there.

Scott

(Trying to see if I can upload pics I have published on my website.

Edited by Schwalls - Oct/04/2011 at 6:54am
Scott
64 American Convertible 360 5sp
http://www.schwallers.com/AMCpage.htm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic