TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Garage > AMC 6 Cylinder Engine Repair and Modifications
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

Brake Booster Fitting on Intake Manifold

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote danleym Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Brake Booster Fitting on Intake Manifold
    Posted: Jun/28/2011 at 7:18am
I have a 1980 Spirit with a 258, manual brakes. I just got a Motorcraft 2100 for it, and in the process of installing it realized there is no PCV port on it (I have a lot to learn... there's always something that never even crossed my mind...). I bought the whole kit from a seller on ebay, who included a lot of installation instructions. He said you can either buy a spacer with a pcv port, or run the pcv into where the brake booster ties into on the intake just below the carb, just above the egr. I plan on tying into the intake manifold, but since I don't have power brakes, there's just a bolt sitting there blocking it off. Where could I find the proper fitting? Would any brass fitting that will screw in and hold the pcv hose be fine?
Hollis Danley
1980 Spirit, 258
2000 VW Jetta TDI
2002 Jeep Wrangler, 4.0
2015 Subaru XV Crosstrek
FuzzFace2 View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FuzzFace2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/28/2011 at 9:39am
Yep pull the plug out and any brass fitting will work.
The 2100 does not have a port on the back side on the base? Would have to check the ones I have to make sure. The Holley 2300 does have a posrt on the back side.
Dave ----
TSM = Technical Service Manual

75 Gremlin X v8 for sale
70 Javelin 360/auto drag car
70 Javelin 360/T5 Street car
danleym View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote danleym Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/28/2011 at 10:20am
Well, I gather there are a few different variation depending on the original application. The guy I got it from sells a lot (says he's sold over 10,000), and I think it just depends which one he used (his instructions make it sound like some have a port, and some don't). Had I known it was a potential issue, I would have had it clarified before the purchase, but I had no idea, I kind of assumed pcv ports were standard on all carbs. My only experience with carbs is on this car, and the BBD that was on it.

Edited by danleym - Jun/28/2011 at 10:20am
Hollis Danley
1980 Spirit, 258
2000 VW Jetta TDI
2002 Jeep Wrangler, 4.0
2015 Subaru XV Crosstrek
FuzzFace2 View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FuzzFace2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/28/2011 at 11:08am
My son has a Jeep YJ with the 258 running a Webber that is giving him fits. Carb came with the truck but he is going to install a Holley 2300, same base as the MC 2100. If he gets all the parts (rebuild kit, adapter, etc) in time hope to do the swap over the 4th weekend. The carb came off a Toyota L/C 238 6cly I raced off road years ago so should work on his 258. 
Dave ----
TSM = Technical Service Manual

75 Gremlin X v8 for sale
70 Javelin 360/auto drag car
70 Javelin 360/T5 Street car
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic