TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Competition > Drag Racing
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

Bench Racing

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
Author
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stickshifter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/03/2020 at 8:07pm
Originally posted by DragRacingSpirit DragRacingSpirit wrote:

Its a new 3d printed prototype ?????

Yes, just a 3d printed prototype.
But take another look at the valve pockets. Stern Smile
   7.03 @ 196 mph
WesternRed View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WesternRed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/03/2020 at 8:07pm
I want to see the associated valve train since the intake valve looks to be pointing in a different direction.
I've finally given up drinking for good...........now I only drink for evil.
stickshifter View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stickshifter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/03/2020 at 8:12pm
Originally posted by DragRacingSpirit DragRacingSpirit wrote:

it it looks a little small  for the bore ? Do you have four and a half inches now lol.  :)

Nope.  That will finish at 4.310.
   7.03 @ 196 mph
jblue1555 View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jblue1555 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/03/2020 at 8:16pm
Won’t get the valves too far off the seats
stickshifter View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote stickshifter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/03/2020 at 8:19pm
Originally posted by jblue1555 jblue1555 wrote:

Won’t get the valves too far off the seats

Yep, no more than .900" on the intake.
   7.03 @ 196 mph
70BBOAMX View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 70BBOAMX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/03/2020 at 9:08pm
Thats one heck of an intake valve!
6t8amxetc View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 6t8amxetc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/03/2020 at 9:58pm
I don't know if those pistons are going to hold up to much in the way of power-adders! :)
PROSTOCKTOM View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PROSTOCKTOM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/04/2020 at 2:55am
Originally posted by WesternRed WesternRed wrote:

Since we are all stuck at home with no action on drag strips around the word, what are we all doing to make our cars go faster when this is over?

I've been designing a new rear end housing 4-link and shock brackets for the Hornet and going to also put a set on the Rambler. They have two different choices for the wheelie bar mounts and have an anti roll bar hole as well. The shock bracket sandwiches in between a pair of 4-link brackets on each side of the housing.  Also have been 3D printing my prototypes since it's a lot cheaper to do it this way than make them from metal and discover you don't like what you had drawing up. Hoping to get them laser cut in the next week or so if my laser guy doesn't get shutdown because of the virus. I've since made some revisions to the shock bracket and printed two different versions of that as well. Drawing and 3D printing got me through the cold months with something to look forward to. I am really happy with the end result and can't wait to have all the pieces finished and ready to use.

Tom

Edited by PROSTOCKTOM - Apr/04/2020 at 2:57am
Molnar Technologies Full Service Dealer - Crankshafts & Connecting Rods

1969 AMC Rambler Rouge Race Car
1974 AMC Hornet Hatchback, Wally Booth Outlaw Nostalgic Pro Stock Race Car Project
WesternRed View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WesternRed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/04/2020 at 5:34am
When did 3D printing become a thing? Great to see you guys putting some modern high tech methods into making your cars better.

I've been working on some 291C heads with the die grinder to keep me busy. 

Probably going a bit overboard since they are supposed to be going on the 343 in my Javelin to free up the Edelbrock heads on it now for future use on the race car.
I've finally given up drinking for good...........now I only drink for evil.
Ken_Parkman View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ken_Parkman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/04/2020 at 8:53am
Not too many takers on the valve pockets Kevin! Lots to be seen there if you look.

I'm going to actually see if I can fix my carb and make the Rambler drive right. Also the rad has developed a leak, so might look at changing to an aluminum rad, will save a few pounds. Maybe that will get me into the 10's the same way I drive it to work? Only if I can figure out the drivability problem.

The other project is the 62 Willys - should have the engine mostly together this weekend. Probably will dyno it for giggles and fun.

And have some cylinder head work on the go as well.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
  Share Topic