TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Trading Post: Sale, wanted, vendors,shipping > Wanted
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

Bell housing and flywheel for Rambler 327

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChrisQ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bell housing and flywheel for Rambler 327
    Posted: Oct/21/2019 at 6:44pm
I am in search of a bell housing and a flywheel for a rambler 327. I am building a 64 classic 2 door post for a street strip car. I refuse to use the 2nd gem AMC engine. I have some GM LS guys to prove a point to......
The car will be turbocharged. My 1993 cobra makes about 550 on 8lbs. I thing a 327 could make 600 easy. I want to make more but I need to start somewhere 
Thanks
Chris
Rebel327 View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rebel327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/21/2019 at 9:21pm
What transmission will you be using?
mazenoex View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mazenoex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/22/2019 at 9:05am
I have a complete transmission (flash-o-matic) Borg Warner M-10, torque tube to 3.54 rearend out of a 65 marlin for sale.  Bell housing is aluminum and I have the flywheel attached to the torque converter in my storage garage.  I'm in Sandusky OH 44870 and would make a great deal on the whole package.  Mark 419-606-3600.
1965 Rambler Marlin
g-man View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote g-man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/22/2019 at 5:51pm
Originally posted by ChrisQ ChrisQ wrote:

I refuse to use the 2nd gem AMC engine. I have some GM LS guys to prove a point to......The car will be turbocharged. I think a 327 could make 600 easy. 

I'm sorry that I can't help you out with a bell housing, but I am completely with you on your quest. I believe that your power estimate is achievable.
I was going to build a '66 Marlin with a turbocharged 327, a turbo 400, and a 4-link rear-end.
Unfortunately, the Marlin was stolen without a trace...and then to add insult to injury, someone broke in while we were away, and completely cleaned me out (including the beautiful, never-used, Rajay turbo unit that I had for the project).
I would love to follow your progress.
Feel free to e-mail me.
Don't be afraid to stick to your guns.
Best of luck to you,

g-man 

AMC only daily driver
Rebel327 View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rebel327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/22/2019 at 8:11pm
Flywheel....or Flex Plate needed??
Jmerican View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jmerican Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/23/2019 at 10:55am
I would like to be in on some Gen One, with a turbo.  I have a 327 and no car or Jeep for it. Yet. Turboing The One is not unheard of. The crank seems really nice. The engine has some really nice features about it. I’m listening and thinking. 

Realizing that this is a parts wanted ad. But hey, it’s exciting. 

Edited by Jmerican - Oct/23/2019 at 11:04am
Jmerican View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jmerican Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/23/2019 at 10:57am
G-man, that is horrible what happened to you. How are you recovering from the loss? What’s on your horizon? 
g-man View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote g-man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/23/2019 at 12:57pm
Originally posted by Jmerican Jmerican wrote:

G-man, that is horrible what happened to you. How are you recovering from the loss? What’s on your horizon? 

J,

Having the Marlin stolen really hurt. I had always wanted one, I finally found one that I could afford...and then Whamo!
But, that was several years ago, and I had rather gotten over it.
Now, just a short time back...well, I still had the turbo, maybe one day I'd find a car to go with it...Boom! That's gone too.
The worst part about it is that we were gone from the house for a while, because a tree had fallen on the house, making it unliveable.
While at the same time I was sick from being treated for a rare life threatening type of cancer. 
But here's the clincher...we're back at the house, but we are not IN the house. The insurance has refused to pay to have the house rebuilt.
We are living in the backyard in a park trailer that I found, while we figure out what to do about the house.
Then...if you can believe this, I developed major stenosis of the spine (due to a previous spinal injury) that caused me to have spinal cord surgery down at UCLA, because in just about 2 months...I became basically a quadriplegic.
Post surgery I have regained most of my mobility...but it looks like working on cars is something I may not be able to do MYSELF again. ALL my tools got ripped off with the turbo unit anyway.
I am physically able to drive a stick shift again however, and I do hope to (with help) get back to my little IronDuke powered Spirit autocross project again.
But I am looking on the bright side...I am still alive.

g-man

PS: ChrisQ...sorry about the thread hijack.
AMC only daily driver
ChrisQ View Drop Down
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChrisQ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/01/2019 at 5:30pm
toploader ford or t10 and possibly a tko600
ChrisQ View Drop Down
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChrisQ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/01/2019 at 5:32pm
I need a flywheel for a manual transmission
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic