TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Competition > Drag Racing
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

BBB AMX project

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
Author
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brownspirit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/23/2018 at 10:21am
Hahaha, sound good, Thanks.
69' BBB AMX 390/4-speed

69' s/crambler project

69’ International F210d Cummins/5+4
brownspirit View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brownspirit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/04/2018 at 8:59pm

Well, I wish I could post a video, but I got running today and everything seems happy and healthy. Took it up the street and pissed the neighbors off, so that was cool. It's got a little scoot. Hoping to get it to an AMC event this year maybe, trans is pretty noisy, but I suppose that's sort of typical. Clutch grabs pretty high but seemed to work ok, definitely need to shift it with some authority.
69' BBB AMX 390/4-speed

69' s/crambler project

AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brownspirit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/06/2018 at 6:18pm
Do most guys bring there drag cars to an alignment shop or do it in house? Andy
69' BBB AMX 390/4-speed

69' s/crambler project

scramboy View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote scramboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/06/2018 at 7:49pm
I brought mine to an alignment shop but make sure they don't mar your nice wheels with the machines clamps! Ask me how I know.if I could do it at home I would, I'm getting to the point where I don't trust anyone to touch my junk.
PHAT69AMX View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PHAT69AMX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/07/2018 at 12:15am
Car looks great, ya gotta be excited...  Agree, I'd do my best to be able to align it myself at home.
Toe-In can almost be done with a tape measure.
Jegs / Summit used to sell a Camber Caster gauge in the Dirt Track Section
and there was an optional Toe-In attachment iirc...
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brownspirit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/28/2019 at 8:01pm
So, I got it to the track last year but it didn’t work out well.  I did a burnout, got the car staged pretty good and left right around 6k and had nothing but tire spin.  I definitely need to get a professional alignment done and go over the chassis again before taking another shot.   Worse yet, #3 was taking on water like a sinking ship.  I left it in semi-disgust at the end of last season and haven’t had the time or energy to address it.  Fast forward to today and I pushed it out of the corner and I’m gonna get it back together.  I even called cometic and they were very quick to say that the RTV used around the water ports caused the failure.  I hope they are right, because I will be pretty disgusted if it happens again.  
69' BBB AMX 390/4-speed

69' s/crambler project

PHAT69AMX View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PHAT69AMX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/28/2019 at 11:14pm
The Spirit is jealous and spoiling the soup...
PROSTOCKTOM View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote PROSTOCKTOM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/29/2019 at 11:53am
Originally posted by Hurst390 Hurst390 wrote:

https://quartermax.com/clutch-switch/   
On the Spirit I used this switch mounted to the inner fender so the bellcrank activated it. I used a piece of 1" or so aluminum to shim it out to the right depth to mate with the bellcrank arm at top where the clutch rod that comes from the pedal hooks to it.
I wired my 2 step though it(power from the line lock switch) so when you dump the clutch it goes to the high side limiter.
On my Gremlin I mounted it under the dash to the clutch lever cause I have a hydraulic clutch cylinder. And it was easier to get to under the dash in that car.
If you want to save $114.49 plus the shipping cost you can buy that exact switch on eBay for $12.50 with free shipping.
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brownspirit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/29/2019 at 1:07pm
Thanks for the heads up. Andy
69' BBB AMX 390/4-speed

69' s/crambler project

aussierogue View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aussierogue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/03/2019 at 8:51am
Awesome car and I hope you get it sorted.  Did you manage to find any 90/10's for the front, if not what shocks are you running?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
  Share Topic