TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Lounge Area > Member Projects
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

Basically Stock CJ-7

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote i6cj7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/01/2020 at 2:09pm
I have a similar build I'm doing with my CJ7 and a 401 as well. But with a turbo. What are you gonna use for fueling? Holley Sniper? 
Kreep View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kreep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/02/2020 at 7:53am
Originally posted by i6cj7 i6cj7 wrote:

I have a similar build I'm doing with my CJ7 and a 401 as well. But with a turbo. What are you gonna use for fueling? Holley Sniper? 

E85, Aeromotive Stealth 340 pump, Edelbrock Pro Flo 4.

Got a build thread for yours?
1982 Jeep CJ-7
http://theamcforum.com/forum/basically-stock-cj7_topic106501.html
https://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/jeep-hardcore-tech/1361601-basically-stock-cj-7-a.html
i6cj7 View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote i6cj7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/02/2020 at 1:40pm
Nope because I'm a dingle.. Just have 33s, stock axles, but i put in an Sm465 more than 10 years ago. Hated that trans at first. Now I love it.. Honestly I should have just put a turbo on the 4.2. Way cheaper and it'll take all the boost you can throw at it. I need some beef axles now.. Thinking superduties and flipping the front tubes for pass drop? 

Current 401 (40 over) being built, has edelbrock heads, racetec 9.25 forged pistons with calico ceramic coatings on top. And skirts done with moly If I remember. Molar stock length rods, coated main bearings from calico as well. Internal balance, the new intake from edelbrock wasn't out when I started so I have the airgap and will be using one of the sniper kits.

I'm thinking I'll use the stock mechanical pump to feed a fuel surge tank twitch and electric pump in to keep the efi happy. I wish E85 was more available here in Virginia. But closest Station is 15 miles away. 
Kreep View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kreep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/02/2020 at 4:39pm
Originally posted by i6cj7 i6cj7 wrote:

Nope because I'm a dingle.. Just have 33s, stock axles, but i put in an Sm465 more than 10 years ago. Hated that trans at first. Now I love it.. Honestly I should have just put a turbo on the 4.2. Way cheaper and it'll take all the boost you can throw at it. I need some beef axles now.. Thinking superduties and flipping the front tubes for pass drop? 

Current 401 (40 over) being built, has edelbrock heads, racetec 9.25 forged pistons with calico ceramic coatings on top. And skirts done with moly If I remember. Molar stock length rods, coated main bearings from calico as well. Internal balance, the new intake from edelbrock wasn't out when I started so I have the airgap and will be using one of the sniper kits.

I'm thinking I'll use the stock mechanical pump to feed a fuel surge tank twitch and electric pump in to keep the efi happy. I wish E85 was more available here in Virginia. But closest Station is 15 miles away. 

Yep, you are gonna' need those Superduty axles Big smile
1982 Jeep CJ-7
http://theamcforum.com/forum/basically-stock-cj7_topic106501.html
https://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/jeep-hardcore-tech/1361601-basically-stock-cj-7-a.html
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
  Share Topic