TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Competition > Autocross, circle track
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

AZ road racer project

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1213141516>
Author
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Javelin74 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/20/2017 at 6:59pm
Almost forgot to post the 2nd and 3rd sessions from a couple weeks ago...

greasygt III View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote greasygt III Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/20/2017 at 8:54pm
    Cool, I want to do that type of racing.
83 Spirit GT
79 Ranchero GT 460
amcenthusiast View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote amcenthusiast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/08/2017 at 12:28am
Hey thanks for posting the track videos; enjoyed it. More AMC power to you.
443 XRV8 Gremlin YouTube video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?reload=9&v=2DmFOKRuzUc
XRV8 Race Parts website: http://amcramblermarlin.1colony.com/
Javelin74 View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Javelin74 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/26/2017 at 11:02am
After sitting on stands over the hot summer months in AZ, the mistress got a few upgrades...well, hopefully they're upgrades.

First, I pulled the stock exhaust that was unusually and particularly restrictive.  The motor just couldn't seem to push its way past 4500-5000 rpm with any gusto on the "stock" exhaust running thru a set of edelbrock shorties.  After testing a few other issues (spark, fuel pressure, tune, ...), I finally bit the bullet and decided to get some Dougs long tube headers for the 360 and run 2.5 through borla XS mufflers.  To my surprise, I found what the culprit was (hopefully) in the exhaust.  I spot where the previous owner installed a coupler on both sides of the exhaust that necked it down from 2.25" to 2".  If the stock exhaust wasn't restrictive enough, that certainly was not helping.

One issue I had with the Aviad pan was the primary ran right next to the oil drain plug, so a little mod was required to the pip to clear it (and let me do oil changes without dropping the headers)...see below.

The next big issue was getting a FIA rated fuel cell in it.  A local racer helped me get a good deal on a Pyrotect PT118 cell and it was time to redesign the panhard bracket, which had been causing interference with the rearend.  After doing a little work for a new filler, the cell is in its new home.  I was able to fire it up on Christmas eve and besides needing a good tune, the motor seems very happy with the new pipes and cell.

Last, I got sick of plowing through corners so I'm now running 275's on all corners.  The front fender needs a little massaging to avoid bind, but that's been something I've been wanting to do.  Hoping to get back on track early in 2018.  As a result of the upgrades, check the for sale section for the old Eddy shorties (ceramic coated) and stock fuel cell that had been converted for EFI if you're in need...and can help me fund these next few events. ;)

Coloradoamx View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coloradoamx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/26/2017 at 7:51pm
What rear sway bar are you using?
Javelin74 View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Javelin74 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/26/2017 at 10:55pm
I believe its an old Addco bar on the rear.  It looks just like the setup I bought years ago for my blue Javelin.  It came with the car when I bought it and I've just kept it in play with a stock front bar, both using urethane bushing.  You're probably noticing the panhard on the back pic.  
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Coloradoamx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/27/2017 at 6:02pm
Originally posted by Javelin74 Javelin74 wrote:

I believe its an old Addco bar on the rear.  It looks just like the setup I bought years ago for my blue Javelin.  It came with the car when I bought it and I've just kept it in play with a stock front bar, both using urethane bushing.  You're probably noticing the panhard on the back pic.  
I just asked because now is a good time since you are fabricating the structural box for the fuel cell to make a good sway bar set up.
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Coloradoamx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/27/2017 at 6:13pm
XRX744 View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote XRX744 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/28/2017 at 4:38pm
Any better pictures of the arms on that rear sway bar Coloradoamx? I love that idea!

69 AMX, pro touring /track car, TEAM tribute, aka: "The Kenosha Corncob"
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coloradoamx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/28/2017 at 6:53pm
Here's a couple of the best pictures I have without taking new pictures.  This is almost exact design of the actual 71 Trans Am Javelin.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1213141516>
  Share Topic