TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Competition > Drag Racing
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

Aviaid Dry Sump Oil Pan

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
Author
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PROSTOCKTOM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/01/2018 at 10:36pm
Originally posted by amx600rr amx600rr wrote:

You can see where #7 & 8 rod bolts scraped the 3 center louvers on the top row and 2nd, 3rd and 4th on the lower row from rod #6.
    In my rush to modify it, I failed to take a picture before I bolted the pan back on.
Jerry

(PROSTOCKTOM, Thank You for the Tutoring of posting)

Your welcome, looks like you did a fine job with it.

Tom
PROSTOCKTOM View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PROSTOCKTOM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/01/2018 at 10:40pm
Originally posted by amx600rr amx600rr wrote:

How far down were you able to lower it? My concern is I'll have the same stroke as you, but the aluminum rods are probably going to be to large to use this pan even if I lowered it. Hate to buy a $500 pan and start reworking it only to find out it's a no go.

Tom 
amx600rr View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amx600rr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/02/2018 at 5:29am
I dropped it 1/2 inch and bowed the center down for insurance. Looked like 1/2 of clearance when finished.
Wish I had taken a picture
Steve_P View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted
Charter Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve_P Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/02/2018 at 7:26am
I haven't dealt with Aviaid in 20 years, but when I did, for a wet sump pan, they would build whatever you wanted. They sent me a sketch of their wet sump pan and I made several changes to the design for my application.  They built it like I asked them to, and there were no issues with fit. 

I would suggest calling and talking to them about your application and required clearances.  See if they can built the pan so it won't have to be modified once you get it.  
amx600rr View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amx600rr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/06/2018 at 6:52pm
Coloradoamx which brand of starter are you using? My Robbmac starter looks super close to the outlets.   Not sure a 90 degree fitting will clear. Thanks.
Jerry
Coloradoamx View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coloradoamx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/06/2018 at 10:46pm
I used a Powermaster XS mini starter.  No issues at all.  
Glenn Quinn View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Charter Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Glenn Quinn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/18/2018 at 7:25am
I ordered one last week for the dragster. They are building it now and it should ship in less than 2 weeks. 
The "X", 8.74 @ 162 - N/A
Coloradoamx View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coloradoamx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/18/2018 at 5:42pm
Originally posted by Glenn Quinn Glenn Quinn wrote:

I ordered one last week for the dragster. They are building it now and it should ship in less than 2 weeks. 

Did you order the pan or the whole dry sump setup?
Glenn Quinn View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Charter Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Glenn Quinn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/26/2018 at 7:56am
I already have a dry sump set up, so I only ordered the pan. In fact I ordered two pans one for each motor.
The "X", 8.74 @ 162 - N/A
amx600rr View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amx600rr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/26/2018 at 8:43am
In hind sight, I would have ordered the pan with the pickup outlets on the left (drivers) side. It is wide open over there and would have had a better line to the pump on the right side.   Plus I wouldn’t have to buy a different starter because mine hits fittings. They need to be 3/8-1/2 lower.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
  Share Topic