TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Lounge Area > General AMC chat > General AMC Chat Australian Edition
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

Australian motorsport AMC's

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 10111213>
Author
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WesternRed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/14/2017 at 2:56am
Some follow up photos from the Nostalgia Drags, good turnout from the Rambler camp, that's three red Javelins if you are counting and an American.

This is me sporting some new look wheels for the occasion:

WesternRed View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WesternRed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/14/2017 at 3:01am
More:

idrambler View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote idrambler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/14/2017 at 9:41am
SWEET!!!!.....have not seen or heard anything from the Rambler guy in awhile....looks like he has good traction....
thanks for posting this up......any winners????...

nice looking track.... Really like the wet/dry option...

Edited by idrambler - Apr/14/2017 at 11:50am
Jim....AMCRC
Treasure Valley AMC Club, Pres
69 AMX 401/727
74 GremlinX 401/727race only
73 Matador 2dr HT 360/727
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WesternRed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/14/2017 at 6:18pm
We do have a great track setup in Perth, it's right on sea level too and has a dirt track speedway back to back with the drag strip.

Ian in his wife Cathy's Javelin (the one with the white hood) managed to drop into the high 11's, Boris (American) and I were both running low 13's and Daniel in the other Javelin ran a best of 14.95, which is a pretty decent effort for basically stock car on street tyres. We all got through the first round of eliminations (DYO format), Boris knocked me out in the second round, the others might have gone another round or two but unfortunately nobody made the final. We run in the US muscle class, which is a bit odd since all of the cars were assembled in Australia, but that is the way it works.

Javelin vs American, good run except for the fact that I lost:

Edited by WesternRed - Apr/14/2017 at 6:25pm
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WesternRed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/14/2017 at 6:29am
Just been through and fixed up all of my broken photobucket links.

Here is one we haven't seen before, Javelin racing in the Queensland Trans Am Series:

Also Craig Stacey's Javelin from New Zealand is close enough to being Aussie:

AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WesternRed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/14/2017 at 6:30am
Another for the collection, the Wombat Racing Hornet hatchback form South Australia:

70Hornet View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 70Hornet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/16/2017 at 5:03am
All 3 of them are cool cars I have never seen before. Amazing whats out there. Does anyone have contact with any of the Aussie owners there? Would be interested in getting the Hornet and yellow/white Javelin to the AMC/Rambler show next march and maybe down at the track day
Craigie View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Craigie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/18/2017 at 2:52am
Yes, most certainly need to track the owner down of the Yellow and white jav. I will find out where the next race is in the series.

I met this bloke the other week, Aussie motor racing legend Jimmy Richards. Got to ask him a few questions in the time I was with him. He hopes to have the Javelin back on the track for Bathurst. He said it's a quicker car than the Ford Galaxie he also runs in the Masters series...... and I had to ask him if he has forgiven the ford fans from many years ago at the Great Race We had a chuckle and he said yes ....

Got a signed poster of the Javelin to take home ......... to be framed and straight to the pool room !
Craigie.........

1968 Dodge Charger "Bullitt" tribute
1971 SC/360 Hornet
1973 "Levi" Gremlin
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WesternRed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/19/2017 at 7:21pm
I suspect the Queensland Javelin won't be able to come, this happened after the car suffered brake failure back in 2014 when it was racing and it doesn't look like it has come back since:

Car is owned by Terry Carter and was apparently running a Mopar 360 NASCAR engine.
mick gill View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mick gill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/19/2017 at 9:15pm
I don't think that will buff out!
71 Matador 360/Auto
77 HZ One Tonner 350/T400
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 10111213>
  Share Topic