TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Lounge Area > General AMC chat > General AMC Chat Australian Edition
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

Australian motorsport AMC's

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 910111213>
Author
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WesternRed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/26/2015 at 2:22am
I think it's actually the 11B, but much the same as the M12, It's done quite a few runs now without issue, but is probably one of the things that is holding the car back. Car could probably use a decent stall convertor now and some improvements to get through the gears quicker.
70Hornet View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 70Hornet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/18/2015 at 3:15pm
Hi everyone
Jim Richards is racing his Javelin at Phillip Island this weekend and is in with a chance to take the title for the year. There is a few Javelin/AMX owners going down to cheer him on and will send me some photo's and info to put up here next week. Go Jim Tongue
Any other news on any racing AMC's? I think there is one in QLD being raced or getting built?
AMCAMX390 View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AMCAMX390 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/08/2015 at 4:04am
The final round of the 2015 TCM at Phillip Island on 21/22 Nov saw our 72 Javelin AMX master blaster Jim Richards holding a slender 10 point lead over John Bowe so the meeting was not so much a winner takes all event but who finishes in front of the other.

After a limited wet practice session on Friday Jim started 7th on the grid on a dry track for the first race on Saturday. As a result of the genuine 66 Pontiac TransAm deciding on the first lap to send one its conrods in a continuous downwards direction, spilling oil over the track, the race was a non-event behind the pace car with one lap sprint to the finish with Jim coming home in 5th. The block in the Pontiac was originally fitted in 1968 and the owner had such a good run at Eastern Creek in Sept that he decided not to strip it down and check it over. Hmmmm!!!

Race two saw Bowe (Torana), Steve Johnson (Mustang) and Eddie Abelnica (XB Falcon) print away from the field. Jim was holding station but got pipped towards the end by Andrew Miedecke (Camaro) and Tony Karanfilovski (Mustang) to finish 6th. And by that stage the championship had just about slipped away.

I wasn’t there on the Sunday but Jim finished 7th with the finishing order holding station as per grid positions with exception of a hard charging Greg Ritter in his Chev Monza 2+2 coming home in fourth place. The Monza might have a back seat (for short legged people) but it seems a stretch to call it a touring car.

Final tally for the points was John Bowe on 1096 to Jim on 1066. Well done to Jim for a very consistent year and daring to be different with the Javelin. Perhaps I’m a little biased because I’ve been a motoring nut for 50 years and to mix it with the drivers and crews in the pits was a real buzz. All very friendly and quite happy to share their time. Can’t wait until next year.

The TCM is a great series and it pleasing to hear that the series will be expanded to 8 rounds next year with more TV coverage and the Sandown & Phillip rounds streamed live (and free). Checkout the link below:

http://www.touringcarmasters.com.au/news/100/58/BIGGER-AND-BETTER-FOR-ALL-THE-2016-TCM-CALENDAR
WesternRed View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WesternRed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/08/2015 at 6:07am
Bastards, still no WA round
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WesternRed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/11/2015 at 1:53am
Some great pictures from the final round at Phillip Island thanks to AMCAMX390 via 70Hornet:

Edited by WesternRed - Jul/14/2017 at 6:23am
70Hornet View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 70Hornet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/06/2017 at 2:21pm
Finally another photo of the Speedway Rambler Classic from the early 70's driven by Scott Dillon. When I talked to him a couple of years back he mentioned he had another photo of the car at the Sydney Showground and I am assuming this is the one

https://www.shannons.com.au/club/news/retroautos-march-2017-hk-holden-prototypes-v8-hk-kingswood-rolls-royce-plymouth/

Click view magazine and it is on page 9. Cool photo back when Speedway really meant something
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WesternRed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/12/2017 at 7:16pm
Here is the extract from Retroautos, interesting choice of car to build a fiberglass body for:

Edited by WesternRed - Mar/12/2017 at 7:21pm
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WesternRed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/12/2017 at 7:28pm
Here are a bunch of pictures of the Ben Ludlow Javelin that I have forgotten to post here:

Around 1977:

This one says late 70's:

1979 Merredin Speedway, he won that day, track looks pretty primitive:

Also from 1979, different paint scheme:

AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WesternRed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/11/2017 at 7:07am
Video of my Javelin at the Nostalgia Drags in Perth last weekend.

https://www.youtube.com/embed/XLrCLTJ_50k

Edited by WesternRed - Apr/11/2017 at 7:32am
Amx nz View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amx nz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/11/2017 at 12:04pm
Really good love it 👍
Mad max # 15
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 910111213>
  Share Topic