TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Competition > Drag Racing
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

Aussie Gremlin

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 32>
Author
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WesternRed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/22/2019 at 5:30pm
Might see 10's one day when it gets a 401, but needs safety gear to go there. 
I've finally given up drinking for good...........now I only drink for evil.
PHAT69AMX View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PHAT69AMX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/22/2019 at 6:32pm
12.00 flat was my goal in the 90's with my street strip car because at my local track, any quicker.
than that and they wisely required a Fire Jacket, 5-Point Harness ( I think, or 4 ), and a Roll Bar.
So 12.00 flat for a street car seemed like a reasonable respectable limit or goal.
No idea what current cut-off times or speeds or requirements are at my old track now.
May I ask, what are the current "break points" and Safety Requirements at Perth MotorPlex ?

Edited by PHAT69AMX - Feb/23/2019 at 2:14pm
WesternRed View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WesternRed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/22/2019 at 8:30pm
For the off street drag nights that I run things are a little more relaxed, I can run down to 11.00 as is then for 10.00 to 10.99, I would need a 4 point cage and 4 point harness, at 140 mph I need to add a parachute and for 9.99 or quicker it needs to meet current ANDRA (our version of NHRA) regulations, which would include a bunch of other requirements. 

Modern street cars manufactured after 2008 can run down to 10.00 as delivered.

I’ll be pretty happy if I can squeeze another couple of tenths out of it as is with minor upgrades and tuning. 

If I actually want to enter a proper race meeting it would fit into our “Super Street” class, which is dial your own handicap racing for 10.00-13.00 second cars, so consistency becomes more important than outright speed.
MattsGarage View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MattsGarage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/03/2019 at 8:11pm
It's cool seeing all the progress made thanks for sharing it with us.
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WesternRed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/01/2019 at 5:28pm
Not your regular drag racing weekend, just a bit of fun in the old Gremlin with a few mates doing what we call "Go to Whoa" down under:

Basically zero traction and I really need to adjust that rear brake proportioning valve I installed, but not enough time between rounds for any of that.
Lucas660 View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lucas660 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/02/2019 at 1:36am
Totally off topic but the Charger with the CH front is one of the coolest I have seen. Makes me wonder why they didn't go into production with that style.
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WesternRed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/02/2019 at 2:23am
Yes, I reckon it looks great too, but obviously upsets some of the purists. It is a very well setup car with a Vortech supercharged and injected 360. Goes very fast in a straight line and around corners as well.
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WesternRed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/04/2019 at 6:05pm
I had expected the Gremlin to be the king of Motorkhana cars, but apparently not:

AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WesternRed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/04/2019 at 6:08pm
Purple charger showing us how it's done (For Lucas)

Jmerican View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jmerican Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/05/2019 at 6:54pm
ok, that is bad rump, all that playing. Some surprise performances. What’s the scoop on the XJ?

That Gremlin needs to place higher. Do we set up a go fund me😃

The slappers really point down under braking. How bout some custom leafs? I’ve never studied cal tracs under braking, that type could help more that torque links. Anyhow, tuning! More vids. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 32>
  Share Topic